Explore our promoted experiences
- Summer day trip from Zurich to Mount Pilatus
- Ride an aerial cable car gondola to the top of Mount Pilatus
- Hike to the summit and descend on the world's steepest cogwheel railway
- A boat ride across Lake Lucerne is included
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Continue to Kriens and climb aboard a panoramic gondola and aerial cable car traveling to the 7,000-foot (2,132-meter) summit of Mount Pilatus. Appreciate breathtaking views of the surrounding snow-smothered spires and enjoy some relaxed free time to absorb the views.
Follow the Dragon’s Path to Mount Pilatus’ summit and then descend the mountain’s steep side on the cogwheel railway, which with its 48% gradient is the steepest railway in the world. Back at sea level, climb aboard an awaiting boat for a tranquil cruise across Lake Lucerne.
Return to your vehicle and relax during the journey back to Zurich, where the tour concludes.
Please see the Itinerary section from seasonal service times of each transport method.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants aged 0-5 travel free of charge but must be registered on your booking
- From October 18-24 and November 6-14, the ascent will be made by cable car, the descent by cogwheel train and no boat ride but a lunch voucher will be included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- From October 25 to November 5, the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train due to revision of the cable car and no boat ride but a lunch voucher will be included.
- In winter (until 25 May/from November 15), the tour runs under the name "Mt. Pilatus and Lucerne Winter Day Trip from Zürich".
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "This is a great way to get out of Zurich and see some countryside and pack in a couple of different activities into a single day." See review