Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip from Zurich to Bern and the surrounding coutryside
- Soak up Alpine views on a drive through the Entlebuch Valley
- Watch a master confectioner at work at the Kambly Experience and taste the famous Kambly Swiss biscuits
- View Bern’s top landmarks including the Gothic Münster, or Bern Cathedral
- Sample cheese at an Emmental dairy
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to sixteeen people, ensuring a personalized experience
- Receive a goodie bag full of Swiss delicacies worth at least CHF 30
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is the Sihlquai Coach Parking, close to Zürich’s main train station. Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at the Kamply Experience, a premium biscuit factory cradled by the green landscapes of the Upper Emmental Valley, and see how the sweet specialties are produced during a demonstration. Sample a few treats before returning to your coach for the onward journey to Bern.
On arrival in Switzerland’s medieval capital, explore the UNESCO-listed Old Town on a guided tour and see popular attractions like the 100-meter spire of Münster and Bern Cathedral as you stroll.
Spend some leisurely free time exploring Bern after the tour, perhaps refreshing with lunch in a local restaurant (own expense). Return to your vehicle for the scenic drive to an Emmental show dairy. Once there, tour the show dairy on the audio-visual 'King's Way', and learn more about the history of the world's most famous cheese before trying the Swiss delicacy during a tasting session.
Continue to a dairy farm for a picture stop with an amazing view over the rolling green hills of the Emmental, before bidding your guide and group farewell on arrival at a central Zurich location. At the end of the tour take with you a goodie bag of Swiss products collected at the visited attractions throughout the day, worth at least CHF 30.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants (0 – 5 years): not recommended on our small group excursions. Exceptions on request.
- Tour limited to 16 participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff