Explore our promoted experiences
- Day ttrip to Ljubljana and the Postojna Caves from Zagreb
- Ideal for travelers with limited time in Europe
- Visit the highlights of Ljubljana, including the Old Town and the 15th-century Ljubljana Castle
- Experience a thrilling ride into the karst Postojna Caves, Slovenia's most popular tourist attraction
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Zagreb are included
- Small-group tour limited to eight people
Departure & Return
Address: Nikola Šubić Zrinski Square in front of the meteorological pole Directions: Departure point is located 3 minutes walk from the ban Jelačić Square
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Admire the warren-like Old Town, presided over by the majestic 15th-century Ljubljana Castle and linked to the new town by Triple Bridge (Tromostovje) and Dragon Bridge, and stroll along the picturesque riverside. Gaze at the monuments that decorate Preseren Square (Presernov trg), note masterful creations designed by architect Jože Plečnik, and sample Slovenian staples for lunch (own expense).
Then, continue to the Postojna Caves, a 12.5-mile (20-km) cave system famed for its splinter stalactites and native wildlife. Take a thrilling ride past incredible geological formations and learn about the caves flora and fauna from your guide.
Your tour concludes with a drive back to your Zagreb accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Passport required. To reach Slovenia we will have to cross the border. Bring your documents with you.
- Slovenia is inside of the Schengen Area so make sure that you have a visa or that you are a citizen of a country that is on the list of Visa-free regime
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roundabout Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It is cold on the train in the cave, remember a jacket!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews