4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See a side of Tuscany that many visitors miss—and discover one origin of the region’s artistic heritage—when you book a small-group tour to the Carrara marble quarries. Within view of the Apuan Alps and home to famously pure marble (which was once used by sculptors the likes of Michelangelo), the quarries are still functional today. Go on a behind-the-scenes tour to learn how the stone is sourced. Complement your trip with a visit to the village of Colonnata, where you’ll taste its famed lardo: cured pork fat.
- Enjoy a one-of-a-kind outing when you tour the Carrara marble quarries
- See where artists like Michelangelo sourced their precious marble
- This small-group tour offers a personal way to explore the scenery
- Visit the village of Colonnata to taste its prized culinary delicacy
Saved to wishlist!
Expert tour guide for the quarries
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Piazza Giacomo Puccini, 1 , Piazza Giacomo Puccini, 1, 55049 Viareggio LU, ItalyThis activity will end right where it started.
At the entrance of the Hotel Principe di Piemonte
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Come See Italy - Day Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 56009P3
Compare Similar Experiences
Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingVersiliaBus Tours - TuscanyHistorical Tours - TuscanyHalf-day Tours - TuscanyCategory