Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola
Lowest Price Guarantee
Price varies by group size
up to 24 hours in advance
7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
First time in Venice? Maximize your time in the city with a full-day itinerary that ticks off all the most memorable attractions. Stroll across the Rialto Bridge and browse the lively Rialto fish market, then hop aboard a traditional gondola for a romantic cruise along the Grand Canal. Next, access St. Mark’s Basilica and gaze down over the city from the cathedral’s rooftop terrace. Finally, enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the grandiose Doge’s Palace. This small-group tour is limited to 15 people ensuring a personalized experience.
- Full-day ‘Venice in One Day’ sightseeing tour
- Witness local life on a walking tour of Venice’s colorful neighborhoods and the Rialto markets
- Cruise along the Grand Canal on a romantic gondola ride
- Visit St. Mark’s Basilica and take in the views from the terrace
- Explore the magnificent Doge’s Palace on a guided tour
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour combines a trio of essential Venice experiences with the intimacy of a small group.
Venice walking tour including local Venetian English speaking guide
Venice gondola ride with no more than 6 people (unguided)
Small groups of 18 people or fewer for walking section
Headsets when necessary
Transportation in between the tours
Departure & Return
Departure PointCampo San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo S. Giacomo di Rialto, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Return DetailsMetropolitan City of Venice, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
- Please note that lunch is not included on this tour. We have allowed time for you to eat lunch between the AM and PM tours. Your guide will give you recommendations and tell you where to meet after lunch but please be aware that it is your responsibility to arrive at the meeting point in time for your PM tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible, as a result of which we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations. St Marks Basilica may be subject to visit restrictions, your tour will be amended on the day to offer you the most comprehensive experience available. Please also note that it is not possible to bring large backpacks on the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 15693P31
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursGondola CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingVeniceCity Tours - VenetoGondola Cruises - VenetoWater Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoFull-day Tours - VenetoCity Tours - TrevisoGondola Cruises - TrevisoWater Tours - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoHistorical Tours - TrevisoFull-day Tours - TrevisoCity Tours - PaduaGondola Cruises - PaduaWater Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaFull-day Tours - PaduaCategory
Basilica of St. Anthony of Padua (Basilica di Sant'Antonio di Padova)Marco Polo's Home (Casa di Marco Polo)Accademia Bridge (Ponte dell'Accademia)Venice Music Museum (Museo della Musica)Santa Croce Museo del Merletto (Lace Museum)Scuola Grande di San Giovanni EvangelistaVenice IslandsRialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Madonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)San Marco Chamber Orchestra (Virtuosi di Venezia)Basilica di Santa Maria della SaluteFrari Church (Basilica dei Frari)San Lazzaro degli ArmeniVenice Lido (Lido di Venezia)Campo San LucaSan Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)Campo San BartolomeoMuranoFrari Church (Basilica dei Frari)