Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Learn about local history and culture
- Skip-the-line access ensures a speedy entrance
Departure & Return
15 min before in Calle larga de l’Ascension 1256 - 30124 next to the post office San Marco (opposite side of the Saint Marks Basilica). Look for the yellow sign "Meeting point" on the wooden kiosk.
What To Expect
Continue to the Basilica, once the private chapel of Venice’s Doges, which you’ll tour with a private guide from the Curia di Venezia. Learn the legend of the basilica, whose Byzantine domes date to the 10th century, and follow the story on a series of 13th-century mosaics. Discover the artistic and architectural highlights of the church, including the marble inlaid floor, where animals and geometric patterns are brilliant counterpoint to the painted ceiling.
This tour concludes at the Saint Mark’s Basilica, close to Venice attractions and public transport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Back packs are not allowed inside the Basilica and the Doges Palace
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In case of high tide, the tour will not be able to enter inside the Basilica (the tour will not be cancelled, the guide will describe the inside of the Basilica to you from the outside)
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff