- Guided full-day trip to Montepulciano and Pienza from Siena
- Discover the Val d'Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor lunch and a Pecorino cheese tasting (included) on an organic dairy farm with spectacular views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures an intimate experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in front of the church of San Domenico in Siena at 9:30am, easy to find even if you are arriving from out of town with your own car, as there is parking in the vicinity.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Arrive in the town of Pienza, the gem of the UNESCO-listed Val d’Orcia region. Enjoy some free time to explore here independently, strolling the streets or perusing the local shops.
Head next to a dairy farm for a delicious lunch made from the farm's fresh ingredients. Treat your taste buds to a sampling of salty Pecorino cheese, a favorite in Italy, and hear about the farm’s history and production process.
Continue to Montepulciano, a hill town overlooking the scenic Tuscany-Umbria border. Take a guided stroll around the Piazza Grande before wandering the churches, palaces or stores at your leisure. On request, make an additional stop at a winery for a tour of the cellars and tastes of Montepulciano’s celebrated vino.
After a full day of fine food and exploration, your tour will conclude with transportation back to Siena.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 16 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tuscan Escapes by Papilio
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Montepulciano and Pienza Day Trip from Siena.
- "Small tours allow more conversation among the group, more opportunity to ask the guide questions, and the small vans can drop you off close to the walled towns and quickly maneuver through traffic better than giant tour busses." See review