- Private 3-hour walking tour of Siena
- Let a personal guide illustrate the medieval town
- Amble down local streets and alleys
- Stop at prominent churches and monuments
- Customize the itinerary to suit your tastes
Departure & Return
In front of the Fonte Gaia fountain in Piazza del Campo, Siena's main square.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about Siena’s golden age of architecture and discover cultural treasures that take you beyond a typical tour of the medieval town. Off the beaten path, you'll head down alleys and streets that immerse you in local life as well as Siena's history. Hear fascinating tales about resident artists and neighborhoods such as the 17 contrades (districts) along the Palio di Siena, a horse race held in the town’s main square twice a year.
Visit the Church of the Madonna di Provenzano and the Basilica di Santa Maria dei Servi, a beautiful church that holds Siena masterpieces. You'll come across panoramas of town and have the opportunity to take some unusual pictures. Continue to the medieval Fountain of Fontebranda, where your guide will illustrate the peculiar geology of the area and how water has shaped these hills and its civilization.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tuscan Escapes by Papilio
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms