Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group horseback riding tour near Montieri
- Explore Tuscany's famous hills on horseback
- Ride through towns, woods, valleys, and meadows
- Take in the views from Montieri Hill
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure for this tour
Departure & Return
Meet directly at the stables, 1 km far from the village of Montieri, close to the Hotel Prategiano (300 meters).
What To Expect
This tour is suitable for riders with intermediate or advanced levels of riding experience, and you are able to discuss your riding abilities with the guide before beginning. Get a brief riding lesson from your guide once you're matched with a horse and fitted with a helmet.
Set out from the stables with your guide and ride through the famous Tuscan hills. Ride at a comfortable walking pace for the majority of the time, giving you the chance to take in the gorgeous surroundings, though you have a chance to trot or canter with your horse as well.
Admire Medieval villages, wooded areas, little rivers and streams, and lush valleys. Climb up Montieri Hill, from which you can soak in the views all the way to the coast, before riding back to the stables at the end of the tour.
Please note: Beginning-level riders are welcome on this tour, but may be asked to go through a longer training session before the tour starts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If possible, call the tour operator before your visit and explain your riding ability
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. The weight limit is 85 kg (= 185 lb). We have also a few horses for heavy riders, but can confirm availability only on request.
- For a relaxing holiday we recommend to stay overnight in the Hotel Prategiano. You can have also lunch or dinner in our restaurant. Please contact us in advance.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fontus s.r.l.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience