8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Step into the shoes of the Von Trapp family on a Sound of Music tour of Salzburg. With your own private guide, you'll check out the major filming locations of the beloved 1965 musical film. Visit sites in Salzburg, stop for photos at two palaces, then cross the border to see either the location of the film's opening scene or the meadow where Do-Re-Mi was sung. Later, you'll travel through the scenic Salzkammergut lake region and the village of Mondsee. If you want to include lunch in a mountain restaurant, upgrade online when you book.
- Sound of Music private tour from Salzburg with lunch
- Follow the footsteps of the beloved Von Trapp family
- Learn fun movie facts and background stories from a guide
- Visit palaces, churches, and filming sites in and around Salzburg
- Upgrade to include a hearty mountain lunch mid-way through the day
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Lunch, if option is selected
Extra beverages (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointSalzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel included in the tour price. Please inform us which hotel you will be staying, or where you want to meet us.
- W. A. Mozart Airport, Salzburg Austria
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Be special Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour The hills are alive: a tour to locations of the Sound of music film
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeMovie ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSalzburg4WD Tours - Austrian AlpsSporting Events - Austrian AlpsExtreme - Austrian AlpsMovie Tours - Austrian AlpsFull-day Tours - Austrian Alps4WD Tours - HallstattSporting Events - HallstattExtreme - HallstattMovie Tours - HallstattFull-day Tours - Hallstatt4WD Tours - PassauSporting Events - PassauExtreme - PassauMovie Tours - PassauFull-day Tours - PassauCategory
Hangar-7GetreidegasseSalzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)National Park Hohe TauernMuseum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)Salzburg Marionette TheaterStiegl BrauweltLarge Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut)Salzburg Old Market (Alter Markt)Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)Georg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug)Salzburg MuseumSalzburg ZooPanorama MuseumMozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)KitzsteinhornMozart Square (Mozartplatz)