8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the city and marvel on this private 8-hour Bavarian Mountains tour from Salzburg. Travel along the Kingslake River Valley deep into the Bavarian Mountains with your private guide. Admire breathtaking views over Austria’s mighty Lake District from the top of Obersalzberg. Head off the tourist trail to Hinterbrand and enjoy a walk along the shore of Koenigssee Lake. Explore the pretty mountain town of Berchtesgaden during your free time, then return to Salzburg via a 450 year-old salt mine.
- Highlights of the Bavarian Mountains, such as the Eagle’s Nest, salt mines, Berchtesgaden and Kingslake
- Enjoy fantastic views of the Bavarian Mountains at an elevation of 6017 ft.
- Go on a relaxing stroll along the lakeside at lake Koenigssee, nestled between the mountains
- Fully guided private day tour
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick up and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from any hotel or address (airbnb etc.) in Salzburg, if your hotel is not in the list, then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Price per vehicle
- Maximum of 7 travelers (with guide and driver 6 travelers)
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg, Austria
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Highlights of the Bavarian Mountains from Salzburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Highlights of the Bavarian Mountains from Salzburg?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Highlights of the Bavarian Mountains from Salzburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSalzburgBus Tours - Austrian AlpsHistorical Tours - Austrian AlpsFull-day Tours - Austrian AlpsBus Tours - HallstattHistorical Tours - HallstattFull-day Tours - HallstattBus Tours - PassauHistorical Tours - PassauFull-day Tours - PassauCategory
Salzburg Cathedral (Dom zu Salzburg)Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut)Salzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)Salzburg MuseumWerfen Ice Caves (Eisriesenwelt)Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)MozarteumMozart Square (Mozartplatz)Salzburg Marionette TheaterNational Park Hohe TauernLarge Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)Salzburg ZooHangar-7St. Peter's Abbey (Stift Sankt Peter)Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)Stiegl BrauweltPanorama MuseumMozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)