- Half- or full-day private food tour from Milan
- Discover the lauded cuisine of Emilia Romagna, an area famed for its fresh produce
- Watch cheesemakers at work creating Parmesan and enjoy samples of the aged cheese
- Pair local wine with cold meat, cheese and fresh pasta during lunch at a wine cellar
- Sample traditional balsamic vinegar produced in the renowned Modena district (if full-day tour option selected)
- Pickup and drop-off from central Milan included (if car and driver option selected)
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide, who will explain Emilia Romagna’s revered culinary heritage
Departure & Return
Meet our guide in front of the Roadhouse Grill Restaurant at the exit of Parma out of Autostrada A1
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop first at a local cheese factory to watch artisans create the delectable dairy product; see enormous wheels of Parmesan stacked in towers and savor the creamy flavor of the cheese during a tasting session.
Travel onward to a revered Parma ham producer to sample one of the country’s most popular exports; let the marbled goodness of the ham melt on your tongue and then return to the road for the journey to Torrechiara, a quaint medieval village with a 15th-century castle.
Continue to an atmospheric wine cellar in the Colli di Param region and appease your appetite with a bounteous feast of locally sourced specialties like cured meat, handmade pasta and refined wines.
Sated, relax during the journey back to Milan, where the tour concludes.
Full-Day Tour (7 Hours):ON the full-day tour, the same itinerary as the half-day applies. After lunch at the wine cellar, head to an authentic balsamic vinegar production house to discover how the delectable condiment is made. Taste the prestigious vinegar and educate your palate to recognize the difference between flavors.
Then, return to Milan in the comfort of your private vehicle.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- For the self-drive option, please meet your guide in Parma (address provided in your booking confirmation). The guide may come in your car, or will be driving her/his own car and you would follow in your car.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the locations mentioned in the program might change for availability reasons with similar ones.
- Please pay attention to the program that the tour provider will send you before the departure date through the Viator message center
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- * **Stringent Cleaning** - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- * **Social Distancing** - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- * **Wellness Checks** - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- * **Our preparation!** - Emlpoyees and suppliers have followed exclusive Anti-Covid 19 classes in order to ensure that all our experiences will be perfectly safe and at the same time enjoable.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY FOOD VALLEY TRAVEL
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour from Milan.