- Private cooking lesson in Yucatean cuisine in Merida
- Learn to cook a variety of traditional foods like tamales, tostadas, and salsas
- See a side of local culture unknown to most tourists
- Lunch or dinner option available
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free drinks included
Departure & Return
Please meet your host Sofia at her home in Boulevares de Chuburna neighborhood of Merida. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note, Sofia's home is also a homestay so other guests might be present in the home, but your experience will be private
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is not a professional cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into an authentic, local home to meet a local person and share the culture and cuisine together
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Bring local foods closer to travelers in a real in-home experience." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews