- Full-day trip to Gibraltar from the Costa del Sol
- City tour
- Visit the famous Rock of Gibraltar and Saint Michael's cave
- Meet the Barbary macaque monkeys who live on the rock
- Free time to shop for British specialties on the main street
- Expert Spanish- and English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off from central meeting places on the Costa del Sol
Departure & Return
Avenida de Andalucia n/n. Bus stop nº11, in front of Caixa Bank
Hotel Natali, Hoyo street nº28
Hotel El Puerto, Paseo Marítimo nº32
Bus stop of Hotel San Cristóbal, Avenida Ramón y Cajal nº3
McDonald's bus stop, Avenida Litoral nº4
What To Expect
Best known for its towering limestone ridge known as the Rock of Gibraltar, this chunk of British territory is also famous for its duty-free shopping and British institutions, including its British-style pubs, trademark red telephone boxes and policemen dressed in British uniforms!
On arrival, take a panoramic coach tour and visit Europa Point, Gibraltar’s southernmost point. View the lighthouse that stands at the gateway between the Mediterranean and Atlantic, and absorb the spectacular views over the Strait of Gibraltar toward North Africa.
Next, hop onto a minibus for a guided tour of the iconic Rock. On your way up, stop to visit beautiful St Michael Cave, a network of natural limestone caverns hollowed into the cliff. Marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites as you learn how the cave has been used through the centuries, and behold the largest cave, a natural grotto regularly used as a venue for concerts and other events.
Then, head up the rock to meet its famous residents: the semi-wild Barbary macaque monkeys, known locally as 'Barbary apes.' Hear the story of how the British will never leave Gibraltar until the apes depart, and take snaps of these cheeky animals, taking care to watch your belongings!
Later, head back down the rock, and enjoy free time to explore independently. Perhaps enjoy a meal (own expense), stroll around the pretty lanes, or head for Main Street, the partly pedestrianized, long shopping avenue. Browse the department stores, international fashion chains and handicrafts shops, and maybe snap up duty-free favorites such as liquor, watches, fragrances and other great-value goodies.
When the time comes, return to your coach and ride back to the Costa del Sol where your tour ends at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour has multiple pick-up points along Costa del Sol in the cities of Malaga, Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Marbella and Estepona
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note that the duration of the tour is estimated and it can vary depending on the pick up point.
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews