- Day trip from Madrid to Avila and Segovia
- Enjoy a photo stop with superb panoramic views of Avila
- Tour Avila's UNESCO-protected city walls and towers
- See Avila's San Vicente Basilica and cathedral
- Visit Segovia's magnificent Roman aqueduct and Gothic cathedral
- Optional tourist-style or gourmet Segovian lunch with drinks
Departure & Return
What To Expect
En route, listen as your guide provides fascinating commentary about this beautifully preserved medieval city, the birthplace of the Spanish mystic, Saint Teresa, in the 16th century.
Stop at the viewpoint of the Four Posts (Cuatro Postes) for sweeping views of the UNESCO-protected, old walled city. Admire the 11th-century walls and towers, and then explore two of the town’s most impressive Romanesque and Gothic churches. Take in the fortress design and alabaster chapels of Avila Cathedral, and visit the Basilica of St. Vincent.
Then, continue to Segovia, a history-steeped city with Roman roots, set between the Eresma and Clamores rivers. Admire the stunning, 2-tiered Roman aqueduct, one of the best-preserved ancient monuments in Spain. Learn about the construction of the aqueduct during the 1st century, and its 166 arches and 120 pillars.
Next, head to the Alcazar, a spectacular 11th-century fortress-palace that was one of the inspirations behind Walt Disney's Cinderella castle. Take a guided tour of the UNESCO-listed, building as you hear how it served as a royal palace, prison and artillery college.
Afterward, explore some of old Segovia’s other highlights, including Segovia Cathedral, the last Gothic cathedral to be built in Spain.
Enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) during your explorations or opt to upgrade to enjoy either a simple tourist-style meal or a delicious gastronomic feast showcasing Segovian delicacies such as roasted suckling pig.
After your time in Segovia, return to Madrid where your tour concludes at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible and is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Infants aged 5 years and under, are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This day trip from Madrid is a must if you have the time." See review
- "Dont have time to really take it all in They take you to a few areas for toilet break but most are tourist traps dont expect a quality tour, do a private tour instead" See review
- "You start by meeting at the tour operators shop where you have to check-in alongside everyone else going on a tour that day, there were 5 tours starting at 9am, so be there early to check in." See review