2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore a maze of underground caves dedicated to aging fine Swiss cheese on a private cheese tour from Lucerne; you’ll get an inside look at a delicious food tradition, from Swiss cows to the aging process. Following the tour enjoy a selection of cave-aged cheeses paired with an aperitif, or select a Swiss fondue meal to experience a very Swiss tradition.
- Private cheese tour ensures individualized service
- Included tasting pairs Swiss cheeses with a drink
- Swiss fondue option features a classic meal
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at your Lucerne hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Cheese tasting, bread, snacks and non alcoholic drinks
Cave Guided Tour
Traditional Swiss Fondue (tour optional)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from all Hotels in Lucerne.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- In the Cave there is a pleasantly cool and constant temperature of 12.5 C. degrees throughout the year. Please dress accordingly, so that you feel comfortable in our cave. You will receive at the entrance protective clothing, which ensures hygiene in the cave.
- A good physical condition is a prerequisite to participate in the cave tour. The cave visit is made on foot. We ask for your understanding that for safety reasons no persons with walking difficulties can take part in the Cave Tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Passenger Diaries Switzerland Tours & Experiences
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Swiss Cheese Tour in a Cave with Gourmet Cheese Tasting and Aperitif?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Swiss Cheese Tour in a Cave with Gourmet Cheese Tasting and Aperitif?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Swiss Cheese Tour in a Cave with Gourmet Cheese Tasting and Aperitif
2 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLucerneFood Tours - Central SwitzerlandBus Tours - Central SwitzerlandWalking Tours - Central SwitzerlandFood Tours - ZurichBus Tours - ZurichWalking Tours - ZurichFood Tours - BaselBus Tours - BaselWalking Tours - BaselCategory
Rosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart) Tours & TicketsHofkirche Tours & TicketsEngelberg Tours & TicketsWeggis Tours & TicketsLion Monument (Löwendenkmal) Tours & TicketsEngelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg) Tours & TicketsLucerne (Luzern) Tours & TicketsRichard Wagner Museum Tours & TicketsMt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable Car Tours & TicketsCulture and Congress Centre (KKL) Tours & TicketsSwiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz) Tours & TicketsPilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen) Tours & Tickets