7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Swiss cheese and chocolate are easy to find in Switzerland, but if you want a taste of the good stuff, you need to find it with a local. With this tour, you’ll travel with your own private guide from Lucerne to Engelberg to visit a monastery dairy where fondue, wheels of raclette, and the unique Engelberger Klosterglocke await. Later, you’ll satisfy your sweet tooth on a tour of the Aeschbach Chocolatier in Root where you’ll create your own artisan version of Swiss chocolate.
- Travel around on the efficient Swiss train service with a prebooked ticket
- Learn more on a private tour through greater interaction with a personal guide
- Sample cheese that’s unique to Engelberg along with classics such as raclette
- Take away your own handmade bar of Swiss chocolate as a gift or treat
Saved to wishlist!
all taxes, fees and handling charges
local tourguide operated by Swiss Travel Guide for your party only
all transportation fees for train to Engelberg & Root
your own created cheese
your own created chocolate bar
food and drinks
personal expenses during the tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Artisan Cheesemaking and Chocolate factory with Tasting Private Tour from Luzern?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Artisan Cheesemaking and Chocolate factory with Tasting Private Tour from Luzern?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Artisan Cheesemaking and Chocolate factory with Tasting Private Tour from Luzern?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Artisan Cheesemaking and Chocolate factory with Tasting Private Tour from Luzern?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLucerneRail Tours - Central SwitzerlandHistorical Tours - Central SwitzerlandFull-day Tours - Central SwitzerlandRail Tours - ZurichHistorical Tours - ZurichFull-day Tours - ZurichRail Tours - BaselHistorical Tours - BaselFull-day Tours - BaselCategory
Lion Monument (Löwendenkmal)Rosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart)Swiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz)Mt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable CarEngelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg)HofkircheLucerne (Luzern)Richard Wagner MuseumCulture and Congress Centre (KKL)Pilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen)EngelbergWeggis