- Explore Ljubljana’s vibrant farmers market and sample some tasty local products
- Enjoy a traditional lunch among locals
- Learn about the diversity of Slovenia through its rich culinary history
- Walk through the heart of Ljubljana’s Old Town and learn about some of the city’s most famous landmarks
Departure & Return
Prešeren monument on Prešeren square, Ljubljana.
Gornji trg, 1000 Ljubljana
What To Expect
We’ll head straight for Ljubljana’s vibrant farmer’s market to discover hidden gems, wander through the inner market, and taste some local goodies. Next, we’ll make our way to the heart of Ljubljana’s Old Town, past some of the city’s most famous landmarks whose stories will be revealed to you as we walk. We’ll be making two short stops as we walk across the Town square, where you will learn why we are also called the land of salt and honey.
Digging even deeper into the region’s food scene, you’ll learn about the importance of the Slovenian forest and its fruits. We’ll sample a liquor made from blueberries, dried figs or honey, which will help you understand the cultural importance of these drinks and their importance in shaping our national character.
We’ll continue to a restaurant where locals love to go for their daily lunch. The menu offers three different options (always including a vegetarian dish).
Stomachs full of hearty food and heads filled with local lore, we’ll visit one of the most charming streets in the city where a real gem is hiding, one that offers lots of Instagram-worthy views of Ljubljana.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children between the ages of 4 and 10 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under 4 are permitted on this tour and can join free of charge.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Slovenia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms