- 3-hour Italian cooking lesson in La Spezia
- Visit a local marketplace and shop for ingredients
- Prepare the meal in a small and friendly local restaurant kitchen
- Learn the secrets behind making Ligurian cuisine
- Sit down to an authentic, freshly prepared Italian meal with drinks
- Small-group experience with a maximum of 4 people ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Meeting with the chef, or one of her collaborators, at 10am in front of the train station La Spezia Centrale where the taxi stop is.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stroll through the charming streets until you reach the bustling atmosphere of the local market. Follow your guide through the stalls brimming with bright produce, cheese and seafood. As you meet the vendors, learn how to select the perfect mussels, freshest fish and top-notch regional vegetables, with occasional sampling along the way. Equipped with some insider’s tips, help your guide pick and choose the ingredients for your lesson.
Materials in hand, head to the town center. Step inside the kitchen of a quaint Italian restaurant, roll up your sleeves and throw on an apron to get started.
Your chef will discuss the philosophy behind the slow food movement while you take a look at your recipes and ask any questions you may have. (A sample menu can be found in the Itinerary section below.) Then, under the watchful eye of your instructor, get cooking, chatting with your fellow chefs as you go.
Afterward, feast on the fruits of your labor as you enjoy your 3-course lunch. Toast to your success with some complimentary wine, as well as water and soft drinks.
After a relaxed day of cooking, eating and good conversation, your lesson will conclude. Leave with some printed recipes of your meal so you can take a piece of Liguria home with you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that you might deal with crustaceans, mollusc, shellfish and fish. Please advise any allergies or specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund;
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arbaspaa srl
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Cinque Terre Cooking Lesson in La Spezia.