Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 4-hour Lütschine River white-water rafting experience from Interlaken
- Pick up tips on how to paddle and navigate the rapids safely from a professional guide
- Bounce along continuous class III-IV rapids through Interlaken valley to the Lake of Brienz
- Relax back at base camp with a cup of coffee or a cold beer
- Small-group experience with a maximum of eight people per boat
- Hotel or train station pickup and drop-off included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Find your way to the Mattenhof Resort in Matten bei Interlaken, walk into the resort, past the entrance and the rafting base is at the back.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival at the put-in point, you’ll learn paddling skills during an in-depth safety briefing. Then slip on your provided wetsuit, neoprene booties, life jacket and a helmet, and climb into your eight-passenger raft with your professional river guide.
Pushing away from the bank into the glacial flow of the Lütschine River, your guide navigates the raft through continuous class III rapids that race into the Interlaken valley at speeds of up to 8 mph (13 kph). Then, hold on tight and feel your adrenaline pumping and as you maneuver through breaking waves and raging currents in class IV rapids.
You’re rewarded with postcard-perfect Alpine scenery and time to relax as the rafts calmly drift down to the Lake of Brienz. Dip in for a quick swim in the lake before returning to base camp, where you’re offered the option of a hot shower along with a cold beer or cup of coffee.
If you wish, purchase any digital photos taken of your rafting excursion, before you're transferred back to your hotel or railway station.
Please note: All participants should be confident swimmers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Maximum weight is 275lbs (125kg) per person
- Participants must be confident swimmers
- Each boat holds a maximum of 8 people
- Please bring a swimsuit, towel and small day bag
- Changing rooms are available to use after your rafting experience at the base in Interlaken
- Souvenir photos can be purchased after the trip for CHF 28 (a minimum of 25 group and personal photos)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Outdoor Interlaken
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Lütschine River White-Water Rafting Experience from Interlaken.