- Private Jewish history tour of Girona and Besalú
- Explore two of Catalonia's most important Jewish heritage sites
- Walk among medieval streets largely unchanged by time
- Visit the Museum of Jewish History in Girona
- Enter a 12th-century underground Mikveh in Besalú
- Price is per group; tours can accommodate up to seven people
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Hotel pickup available from Girona
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Soak up the atmosphere as you wander winding medieval streets, poke around in unique shops, and take a break for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). Also visit the town’s Museum of Jewish History (admission included) to learn about the area’s past and notable former residents, including prominent kabbalist and Jewish scholar Nahmanides.
In the afternoon, continue on to the town of Besalú, crossing the Fluvià River by way of a distinctive Romanesque bridge. Hear about Besalú’s long Jewish heritage, traces of which are still being uncovered today, and learn why the town was named a site of great cultural and artistic importance in 1966.
See the remnants of a 13th-century synagogue and visit the town’s most esteemed cultural treasure—an underground Mikveh (ceremonial bath) that dates back to the 12th century. Imagine what life was like during medieval times with a stroll through the picturesque narrow streets marked by stone steps and archways, and browse handcrafted goods at small local shops.
The full-day discovery tour concludes with drop-off back at your original departure point in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Girona Experience, Private Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private: Girona and Besalu Jewish History Tour from Girona.