- 4-hour Genoa food tour with a private guide
- Explore Genoa Old Town and admire its medieval buildings
- Visit a chip shop, bakery, and a spice shop
- Scout out the best basil on a tour of a local market
- Savor a dish of trofie pesto with Ligurian wine
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
With your group, you’ll walk around the city’s medieval center. One of the largest such quarters in Europe, Genoa Old Town is made up of a tangle of narrow lanes that open onto historic piazzas. Lined by boutiques and painted houses, the streets are also home to eateries that serve up some of the city’s most interesting bites.
Call in at a friggitoria, an old chip shop, to see local specialities such as herb-stuffed croquettes, farinata (unleavened pancakes), and fresh seafood, which can be eaten at the counter.
See typical bakeries that make the Genovese focaccia bread, and a historic spice shop. Visit a centuries-old candy shop, loved by opera composer Giuseppe Verdi, and discover more off-the-beaten-track sites that many visitors miss.
After exploring the food shops, you’ll head to a market to learn about Genoa and its pesto. The dressing — traditionally made with basil, pine nuts, and olive oil — originated in the city, and your guide will share a local recipe. Learn how to select the freshest basil, and to prepare the pesto using a pestle and mortar. The best is saved ‘till the end: Enjoy a dish of trofie pasta, served up in the mortar with pesto, and a glass of Ligurian wine, too.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY BeautifuLiguria
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.