3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get an introduction to the local culinary styles of Genoa in this introductory cooking class. Under the instruction of a professional chef, learn to prepare four traditional dishes from the region. In addition to the courses, enjoy warm focaccia bread, a welcome apéritif, and wine with the meal. After dinner, go out for gelato in the Boccadasse neighborhood.
- Cooking class with a professional chef
- Learn about Genoese cooking
- Lunch and gelato included
- Visit the Boccadasse neighborhood
Saved to wishlist!
Gnocchi or Testaroli
handmade fresh pasta, prepared togerher with the Chef. Super tasty, especially is served with their ad hoc sauce: the pesto.
classic basil Pesto sauce was born in Genoa. You will have the chance to taste the authentic recipe made of local fresh basil and pine nuts!
Focaccia with cheese
2 very thin layers of dough filled with "Stracchino", (a typical soft cheese from Recco, a small village next to Genoa).
handmade biscuits from Torriglia (small village on the beautiful hills behind Genova). Shaped as small flowers and prepared with simple ingredients
After all the efforts to prepare (and eat!) your typical menu, you can enjoy a good ice cream in the alleys of the old town.
The class and tasting include: at least 4 recipes with preparation and tasting, and one tasting more (artisanal gelato). Water, wine or beer (in limited amounts) are included. Everything else is not included.
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Via di Porta Soprana, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
meet your local expert in front of Columbus' House.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The class and tasting will last around 3,5 hours
- Meeting point: Via di Porta Soprana, in front of Columbus House
- Time of the meeting: 09:00 am (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Children under the age of 5 are free of charge. Children 5-12 have 50% discount.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Do Eat Better Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "We highly recommend to take this class for everyone who wants to have a fun time in Genua." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeGenoaCooking Classes - Piedmont & LiguriaCooking Classes - Langhe-Roero and MonferratoCooking Classes - MilanCategory
Corso Italia Tours & TicketsGalata Maritime Museum (Galata Museo del Mare) Tours & TicketsGenoa Cathedral (Cattedrale di San Lorenzo) Tours & TicketsSanta Margherita Ligure Tours & TicketsLighthouse of Genoa (La Lanterna) Tours & TicketsPiazza Caricamento Tours & TicketsChiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale Edoardo Chiossone) Tours & TicketsPalazzi dei Rolli Tours & TicketsLa Biosfera Tours & TicketsRoyal Palace Museum (Museo di Palazzo Reale) Tours & TicketsVia San Lorenzo Tours & TicketsBigo Tours & TicketsDialogue in the Dark Exhibition (Dialogo nel Buio) Tours & TicketsGenoa Via Garibaldi (Via Giuseppe Garibaldi) Tours & TicketsBasilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato Tours & TicketsSpianata Castelletto Tours & TicketsBasilica of Santa Maria di Castello (Basilica di Santa Maria di Castello) Tours & TicketsPalazzo Bianco Tours & TicketsPalazzo Rosso Tours & Tickets