- 5.5-hour Tuscany hiking tour with round-trip transport from Florence by minivan
- Hike through the idyllic Chianti wine region with an expert environmental guide and a group limited to 16
- Marvel at rolling hills, verdant vineyards and olive groves that typify the Tuscan countryside
- Learn about the production of wine and olive oil during a winery tour, then savor samples of these revered products for yourself
- Indulge in a delectable buffet lunch at a boutique winery set in the cellar of a Renaissance villa
Departure & Return
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE, Piazza Mentana 2red FIRENZE (opposite from the Arno River)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Reach an olive-oil mill in an ancient noble estate, where you'll enjoy a guided tour of their space in a unique mix of ancient and modern settings, learning about the processes involved in producing olive oil. Sample gourmet olive oil, and taste the flavors passion creates.
A friendly environmental guide will then guide you around this area that is characterized by valleys and gentle hills cloaked in vines and olives, and also harsh peaks covered in woods of oaks, chestnuts, cypresses, and pines.
The itinerary includes many photo opportunities along the way and some interesting information about the history of this spectacular territory full of great landscapes and amazing views, little ancient churches, and medieval towers.
The glorious hike trail ends at a boutique winery, where you get to visit their cellar and learn about the wine-making process.
A delicious typical Tuscan lunch is then served, paired with a taste of elegant wines.
Your tour will conclude with transportation back to your original departure point in Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions: walking boots or sneakers, closed-toe shoes with non-slip soles
- A large amount of walking is involved; you must be of average fitness and able to keep up with the rest of the group
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, young children or using a wheelchair
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Hiking in Tuscany .