Explore our promoted experiences
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Palatine Gallery and Modern Art Gallery at Florence’s Pitti Palace (Palazzo Pitti)
- Bypass the main lines to visit both galleries, housed in the former Medici palace
- See the 17th-century European masterpieces at the Palatine Gallery
- Admire works by Titian, Caravaggio and more, including the 'Madonna and Child' by Raphael
- View the 18th-, 19th and 20th-century Italian art at the Gallery of Modern Art
- Choose from multiple admission times and explore the art at leisure
What To Expect
Make your way inside to the Palatine Gallery, housed in the west wing of the palace. Then, explore the magnificent artworks in your own time. The gallery houses more than 500 examples of largely 17th-century European art, all displayed in the sumptuous private rooms of the former ducal apartments.
See works by Titian, Rubens, Van Dyck, Caravaggio, and Velazquez, perhaps specifically seeking out masterpieces like the 1514 Madonna and Child by Raphael and portraits by Botticelli. Other works by Bronzino, Fra Bartolomeo, Piero del Pollaiolo, and Filippo Lippi are also on view.
Afterward, walk around the Gallery of Modern Art on the Pitti’s second floor. Wander through the rooms, occupied by Italy’s royals until 1920, to see collections by Italian artists from the late 18th and early 20th centuries. Perhaps pay most attention to the paintings by the Macchiaioli movement, considered precursors of the impressionist school.
Leave the Palatine or Gallery of Modern Art whenever you wish, bringing your experience to an end.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The time you select when you book is your preferred entry time; if that time is no longer available, the museum will confirm back with the next available time
- You must print and present Weekend in Italy confirmation voucher in order to redeem your tickets at the moment of the visit
- The ticket includes the visit to Palatina Gallery with royal appartments, Modern Art Gallery, Fashion & Costume Museum, and the Grand Duke's Treasure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- The use of the mask is mandatory for visitors and museum staff during the whole time spent inside the museum.
- The museum has adopted a variety of rules in order to limit the possibility of contagions: - Limitation of entrances and exit - Social distancing in places like restourants, shops, and public places inside the museum - Use of signs to enforce the physical distance of at least 1 meter - Dispenser are available in several areas of the museums for hand sanitization - Daily cleaning of rooms, work stations and public places inside the museum are ensured - The staff at the museum could measure you body heat by the use of a thermometer
- OPERATED BY Weekend in Italy
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It is also not necessary to book Skip-the-line tickets when travelling in low season." See review