Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket
1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
The Galileo Museum, formerly known as the Institute and Museum for the History of Science, filled with scientific instruments that date back to the 13th century, including a telescope Galileo once used. Ancient barometers, globes, microscopes, quadrants, and more delight both science and history enthusiasts. There is also a giant sundial on the premises. Choose your time of entry to the Galileo Museum, and skip the lines when you arrive.
- History and scientists appreciate the vast collection of instruments dating to the 1400s
- Learn about Galileo and his contributions to the scientific study of the universe
- Purchase your ticket in advance to avoid the lines at the museum
- Choose an admission time to best suit your vacation schedule
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointMuseo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science, Piazza De' Giudici 1, 50122, Florence Italy
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Important note: you will be assigned an exact entrance time which will be the one you have to respect in order to make the visit. The time can be any time during the opening time and will be indicated on the voucher issued by the provider, within one business day from your booking request
- School/class bookings need to be made directly with the museum
- Access for visitors with disabilities: Visitors with reduced mobility can use the entrance in Lungarno Anna Maria de’ Medici, where they can call for assistance if required. The museum is entirely barrier-free.
- PLEASE NOTICE: Confirmed time is not always the same time you requested; museum automatically confirms the closest available time (any time) on the same date if requested time is sold out.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- The use of the mask is mandatory for visitors and museum staff during the whole time spent inside the museum.
- The museum has adopted a variety of rules in order to limit the possibility of contagions: - Limitation of entrances and exit - Social distancing in places like restourants, shops, and public places inside the museum - Use of signs to enforce the physical distance of at least 1 meter - Dispenser are available in several areas of the museums for hand sanitization - Daily cleaning of rooms, work stations and public places inside the museum are ensured - The staff at the museum could measure you body heat by the use of a thermometer
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Weekend in Italy
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 14982P49
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursAttractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingFlorenceSkip-the-Line Tours - TuscanyAttractions & Museums - TuscanyMuseum Tickets & Passes - TuscanySkip-the-Line Tours - ChiantiAttractions & Museums - ChiantiMuseum Tickets & Passes - ChiantiSkip-the-Line Tours - San GimignanoAttractions & Museums - San GimignanoMuseum Tickets & Passes - San GimignanoCategory
Basilica of Santa Maria Novella (Basilica di Santa Maria Novella)Piazza di Santa Maria NovellaSan FredianoPiazza della Santissima Annunziata Basilica of Santa Maria NovellaOrsanmichele Church and Museum (Chiesa e Museo di Orsanmichele)Arno RiverBargello Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello) Ponte Santa TrinitaPrada OutletPalazzo StrozziSant'Ambrogio Market (Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio)Piazza Santa CroceFlorence Via Cavour (Via Camillo Cavour) Leonardo Da Vinci MuseumBasilica of San Lorenzo (Basilica di San Lorenzo)Medici Riccardi Palace (Palazzo Medici Riccardi)Salvatore Ferragamo MuseumGreat Synagogue of Florence (Tempio Maggiore)Florence American Cemetery and Memorial