- Combine two must-do Rome tours at a discounted price
- Enjoy a morning Vatican tour and an afternoon Colosseum tour
- Visit the Vatican Museums to tour the Sistine Chapel and Museo Pio-Clementino
- Learn about Michelangelo’s La Pietà inside St Peter’s Basilica
- Hear gladiator tales inside Rome Colosseum, and explore the Roman Forum
- Make use of skip-the-line entry to spend more time inside the attractions
- Travel between Rome and Florence by high-speed train
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of Casa Italo, inside Santa Maria Novella Train Station - Florence
What To Expect
Avoid the crowds and head straight inside the Vatican Museums with your skip-the-line pass. Begin by gazing up at Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam in the Sistine Chapel, as well as his famous fresco, The Last Judgment. Learn about the Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere sculptures as you pass through the Museo Pio-Clementino, admire the intricate designs in the Gallery of Tapestries and see ancient topographies of Italy in the Gallery of Maps.
Afterward, make your way inside the enormous structure of St. Peter’s Basilica with your guide. Take note of Gian Lorenzo Bernini’s baldachin altar and Michelangelo’s stunning La Pietà. When you’ve finished exploring, enjoy 1.5 hours of leisure time before your next tour begins.
Imperial Rome Day Trip from Florence:
Your afternoon tour will begin at the Arch of Constantine in Ancient Rome. Skip the line to see where the gladiators fought at the Colosseum, and explore the amphitheater with your guide, hearing stories of battles between beast and man amidst cheering Roman crowds.
Then check out the ancient ruins at the Roman Forum and take a stroll around Palatine Hill. Your guide will discuss the religious rituals in the House of Vestals and behind-the-scenes scandals and politics in the Senate House.
After exploring the forum your tour will conclude, as you make your way back to Rome Tiburtina station. Your 8pm train from Rome will return to you Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No tour leader on the tour. Clients are requested to reach the meeting points in Rome on their own
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties
- The train from Rome to Florence departs at 8pm or 8:30pm, according to availability
- Please note that on Wednesday morning and for particular events the St. Peter Basilica will not be accessible; in these days we ensure a longer stay inside the Museums
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ciaoflorence Tours & Travels Srl
Learn more about cancellations.