- Florence boat ride aboard a traditional barchetto
- Cruise down the Arno River and pass under the Ponte Vecchio
- Enjoy a glass of Prosecco while gliding down the river
- Pass beautiful Florence attractions like the Uffizi Gallery and the Corsini Palace
Departure & Return
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE, Piazza Mentana 2red FIRENZE (opposite from the Arno River).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hop aboard your boat and enjoy a cruise down the scenic Arno River. Translating to ‘little boat’ in Italian, the barchetto was used centuries ago to transport building materials down the river for Florence’s city walls.
As you journey across the water, learn the stories behind the architecture and grand palaces that you pass. Cruise under the Ponte Vecchio and get a riverside view of the Uffizi Gallery. While your guide pours you a chilled glass of Prosecco, hear about the secret passageway of the Vasari Corridor, connecting the Palazzo Vecchio to the Palazzo Pitti so that members of the Medici family could travel stealthily through the city. You also pass the brilliant Baroque design of the Corsini Palace and the Santa Trinita Bridge.
After your Florence river cruise concludes, return to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- RAIN POLICY:
- The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
- We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain or adverse weather conditions could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience.
- In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
- 1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
- 2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
- Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority.
- In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms