Explore our promoted experiences
- Tour of Florence Duomo and the terraces
- Skip the main entrance lines with a fast-track ticket
- See frescoes by Vasari with a guide as you explore the cathedral
- Head to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome, if you wish
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet your tour leader, 15 minutes before departure, in front of Florencetown Headquarter Via de' Lamberti 1 Firenze.
ATTENTION THIS MEETING POINT IS VALID ONLY FOR THE EXCLUSIVE FIRST ENTRANCE OPTION "AWAKENING THE DUOMO" Meet your tour leader at 6.30 in front of Florence Cathedral main entrance
What To Expect
Also known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the Duomo is one of the world’s largest churches. Hear fun facts about its history as you admire Paolo Uccello’s clock and frescoes by Giorgio Vasari.
Next, you’ll head up the staircase, making your way through corridors that have been off-limits to the public for centuries. When you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded with views over the city from the terraces—more than 100 feet (32 meters) above ground level. Hear how Brunelleschi created the dome without the use of scaffolding, a feat that defied the traditional rules of architecture.
If you want to climb even higher, then head up to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome. Your skip-the-line ticket gives you access to the vantage point at the highest level of the church.
Your tour finishes inside the church, but you can stay inside for longer if you like. Your ticket also grants access to the Great Museum of the Cathedral, Florence Baptistery, the Great Museum of the Duomo, and Giotto’s Bell Tower. Attractions must be visited within 48 hours of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- Please note the number of steps to reach the top of each monument: Terraces: 153 and Terraces + Brunelleschi's Dome: 153 + 310
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Ensure you wear comfy shoes and bring water and even a fan for when you rest !" See review