- Half-day guided hiking tour from Varenna on the Sentiero del Viandante trail
- Enjoy magnificent views over Lake Como and the surrounding mountains
- Moderate level hike suitable for participants of good fitness
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Our Cheese & Ham lover's Tour starts in front of the Ferry Terminal Ticket Office in Varenna at 9.30am. Directions: Varenna is easily reachable by public boat or train. The tour ends in Varenna. Please ask for our advice on how to reach Varenna or hot to get back, specifying your departure point.
What To Expect
Follow your guide along the scenic Sentiero del Viandante (the ‘path of the wanderer) trail, an around 3-hour hike though chestnut woods and olive groves. As you trek along the mountainside trail — a historic mule path that once linked Lecco and Valtellina — stop to enjoy spectacular views over the mountains and Lake Como.
Your tour ends back in Varenna, a short walk from the train station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are a few significant elevation gain and loss on this hike. Effective duration of the hike: 3 hours
- Participants should be active and healthy
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lake Como For You
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.