- Private day trip from Basel to Lucerne
- Travel by train with a private guide, just for your group
- See the sights of Lucerne from the water on an hour-long cruise
- Look down at Lake Lucerne as you ascend Mt. Pilatus
- Ride on the world’s steepest cogwheel railway to the mountain summit
- Descend the mountain on a gondola and soak up the valley views
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- St. Johann cruies pier
What To Expect
Take to the water for a 1-hour Lake Lucerne cruise, and soak up vistas of the lake and town against the backdrops of Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus. Dock in Alpnachstad in time for a coffee (own expense), then board the Pilatus railway for a ride on one of the world’s steepest cogwheel railway lines.
In just over half an hour, you’ll ascend the summit of Mt. Pilatus, one of Switzerland’s most famous and dramatic peaks. Towering at some 6,981 feet (2,128 meters) above sea level, the summit is known for its sweeping vistas over the surrounding Alps.
Stroll around the summit area, and climb through the rocks to discover some little-known military artifacts around the peak. Or, use your time at the top to visit the panoramic viewing gallery. Relax over lunch at a mountain restaurant (own expense), then begin your descent with your guide.
Take the gondola to Fräkmüntegg and then Kriens. Here, you’ll board a bus to Lucerne, and then take an intercity train back to Basel. Your day trip ends at your Basel hotel in the early evening, around 5:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Please note: Boat and coghwheel railway will operate Mai to October only. Off season, the tour will be performed by travelling to mount Pilatus both ways by gondola, the tour will be finalized with a 1-hour tour on the lake Lucerne by panoramic boat after the return travel from mount Pilatus.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I highly recommend this trip if you are spending a day in Basel." See review