- Enjoy a sightseeing tour that includes a walk through the Gothic Quarter
- Take in views of Barcelona’s skyline, including La Sagrada Familia, on a cable car ride up Montjuic
- Relax on a cog-wheel train ride up Montserrat for unbeatable vistas
- Visit Montserrat, see the royal basilica and 12th-century carving of the Black Virgin, and sample local liquors
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Julià Travel Office; Estació del Nord - ground floor, platform 19.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your morning by meeting your guide in central Barcelona. Proceed on a sightseeing tour of central Barcelona during the morning, including a stroll through the Gothic Quarter and a visit to Montjuic via the sky-high Montjuic cable car.
Then in the afternoon, continue on to the mountaintop retreat of Montserrat just outside Barcelona proper, where you board a cog-wheel train to explore this unique pilgrimage site, including its 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Virgen Moroneta (Black Virgin).
For full details of your day-long excursion, read the full itinerary below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants travel free provided they do not occupy a seat.
- You have approximately 1 hour and 15 min of free time for lunch (from April to October) and 30 min (from November to March) between both parts of the excursions. Lunch not included.
- From the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to maintenance tasks, this service will be replaced by a tapas tasting at the Spanish Village.
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or flip flops.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, oficial acts and public works).
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms