8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit the haunts of Vincent van Gogh and arresting Roman ruins on this full-day tour of Provence from Aix-en-Provence. Drive through the Alpilles mountains to St Rémy de Provence, known for its vibrant open-air market located within ancient Roman walls. Swing by St Paul de Mausole, a monastery that once treated van Gogh as a psychiatric patient (following the infamous ear incident). Then, in the UNESCO-listed town of Arles, gain insight into van Gogh’s life here, while seeing Roman ruins like the Arles Amphitheatre. Round-trip transport by comfortable minibus included.
- Van Gogh-themed day trip from Aix-en-Provence
- Discover the Provencal towns where Vincent van Gogh lived: St Rémy de Provence and Arles
- Browse the wares of St Rémy’s open-air market and admire monuments like St Paul de Mausole
- Spend time at leisure in Les Baux de Provence and marvel at its sweeping views over the Provencal countryside
- See the yellow café from Van Gogh’s painting The Café Terrace in the UNESCO-listed town of Arles
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
300 Av. Giuseppe Verdi, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
Outside the Tourist Information Center of Aix
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY TYLENE TRANSPORTS TOURISME
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Arles, Les Baux & Saint-Remy de Provence from Aix?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Arles, Les Baux & Saint-Remy de Provence from Aix?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Arles, Les Baux & Saint-Remy de Provence from Aix?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAix-en-ProvenceBus Tours - ProvenceHistorical Tours - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceBus Tours - MarignaneHistorical Tours - MarignaneFull-day Tours - MarignaneBus Tours - MarseilleHistorical Tours - MarseilleFull-day Tours - MarseilleCategory