- Private shore excursion from Marseille to Aix-en-Provence and Cassis
- Take a walking tour along Cours Mirabeau to admire the opulent 17th-century architecture
- Explore Aix Old Town and enter the Cézanne Studio if you wish
- Drive along the Côte d'Azur and stop at Cape Canaille to enjoy views over the Gulf of Cassis
- Spend time at leisure in the charming fishing village of Cassis
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Enjoy a guided walk along Cours Mirabeau, Aix’s chic, tree-lined boulevard dotted with rich architecture and charming cafés. See opulent 17th- and 18th-century mansions, gurgling fountains and public squares as you make your way to Vieil Aix (Old Town). Explore the area’s warren of narrow lanes, and pop into charming boutiques and craft shops to pick up a unique souvenir. Afterwards, break to tour independently and to get your own lunch at one of the quirky local eateries. Before lunch, you may enjoy an optional visit to the Atelier Paul Cézanne (own expense). Learn about this Post-Impressionist painter and native-son of Aix, view authentic artifacts and see the studio where the Cézanne created pieces like Les Grandes Baigneuses.
Afterwards, hop back on your coach for the short ride to Cassis, a delightful Provençal fishing village and historic Roman maritime port. On the way, stop at Cape Canaille, situated on one of France’s highest sea headlands, where can admire magnificent views of the Mediterranean and the Gulf of Cassis. In town, you are free to explore at your leisure. Wander through the limestone-paved streets and the lovely harbor, sample some local wine or take a 45-minute sightseeing cruise (own expense) to see the region’s three famous calanques, striking limestone rock formations that distinguish this stretch of the Mediterranean.
Your private tour ends with a relaxing drive back to your terminal in Marseille. You’ll arrive back by late afternoon.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Aix-en-Provence and Cassis.
- "The optional boat ride in Cassis was well worth taking." See review