Top Vienna Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All Vienna Tours
Sort by: Featured
Salzburg, the capital of classical music and setting of ‘The Sound of Music’, is an integral stop on any Austrian itinerary. Travel to the sophisticated city and the Alpine lakes of St. Gilgen and Mondsee with ease on this 12-hour trip from Vienna. See the Salzburg Cathedral, St. Peter’s Abbey, and the Mozart Residence, before absorbing the striking Alpine landscapes of St. Gilgen and Mondsee. Pickup from central Vienna hotels is included on this small-group tour, limited to 15 people.
Make your Christmas or New Year one to remember with a classical music concert in the heart of Vienna. Taking place in St. Peter’s Church, the setting and acoustics make for a special location for an evening performance by the Classic Ensemble Vienna. Pieces of music composed by Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach, and Beethoven make up the festive evening program.
If you're in Vienna during the holidays, a visit to one of its famous Christmas markets is an absolute must. You can see the best of them—including the grand dame on Rathausplatz—on this market crawl that introduces you to the city's Christmas traditions of hot rum punch, handicrafts, and ice skating. Enjoy cookies and other treats, and take in the winter wonderland decorations.
Spend a day exploring the highlights of Mozart’s birthplace—Salzburg on this action-packed day tour. Take the stress out of figuring out public transport by having a Vienna pickup, drop-off, and transfers included. You’ll travel quickly and comfortably between dispersed sites and see many top Salzburg landmarks in a day, such as Mozart’s birth house, Salzburg Cathedral, and St. Peter’s Abbey. After a comprehensive walking tour, you’ll have the freedom to explore Salzburg Christmas Market in your own time.
Experience the top sights of Lower Austria in a single day on a private 12-hour tour from Vienna. All-inclusive transportation from your hotel allows you to sit back and appreciate the stunning scenery. Enjoy visits to Melk Abbey, Hallstatt Ossuary, and Mozart’s hometown Salzburg. Be ready to do your best Maria von Trapp impression, as you make stops at filming locations from ‘The Sound of Music’.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Vienna is home to a bounty of local, must-eat foods and one of the great joys of a holiday abroad is sampling the local cuisine and the food in Vienna is amongst the best in Europe. Experience fantastic art and architecture, a rich Medieval history and innovative modern additions in Vienna which has the reputation of being the most cosmopolitan, modern and avant-garde city in Spain. Our fun and entertaining guide will make this a memorable experience for you filled with sightseeing, visitng local popular hangout places and trying the local food & drinks. It is one of the best experiences to immerse yourself into the rich Austrian culture.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Vienna?
The best Layover Tours in Vienna according to Viator travelers are:
What Layover Tours in Vienna are taking additional safety precautions?
These Vienna experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Vienna are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Vienna may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Classes & Workshops
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Museum Quarter (MuseumsQuartier) Tours & Tickets
- Danube River at Vienna Tours & Tickets
- Jewish Museum Tours & Tickets
- Sisi Museum Tours & Tickets
- University of Vienna (Universität Wien) Tours & Tickets
- St. Michael’s Church (Michaelerkirche) Tours & Tickets
- Kursalon Vienna (Kursalon Wien) Tours & Tickets
- Albertina Museum Tours & Tickets
- Maria Theresa Square (Maria Theresien Platz) Tours & Tickets
- Otto Wagner Pavillon Karlsplatz Tours & Tickets
- Schubert Geburtshaus Tours & Tickets
- Austrian Parliament Building Tours & Tickets
- Time Travel Vienna Tours & Tickets
- St. Anne's Church (Annakirche) Tours & Tickets
- Schlumberger Cellars Tours & Tickets
- Imperial Treasury of Vienna (Kaiserliche Schatzkammer) Tours & Tickets
- Burgtheater Tours & Tickets
- St. Charles's Church (Karlskirche) Tours & Tickets
- Kunsthalle Wien Museumsquartier Tours & Tickets
- Wiener Konzerthaus Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bohemia