Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Fall
Russian poet Alexander Pushkin proclaimed St. Petersburg’s autumn—known as Golden Autumn for its golden-hued fall colors—the most beautiful time of year. With fewer crowds and lower prices, fall is a great time to travel to St. Petersburg. Here are some ideas for things to do in St. Petersburg this fall.
- Admire the colorful fall foliage on a walk around the Mikhailovsky Garden, Summer Garden, or Aleksandrovsky Garden.
- Explore the city sights at your own pace on a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Escape the cold weather on a metro tour of St. Petersburg and discover the grand architecture and magnificent mosaics of the city’s metro stations.
- Celebrate the start of St. Petersburg’s cultural season by attending a ballet at the Hermitage Theater or Mariinsky Theater.
- Set sail on a night cruise along the Neva River and see the city’s famous drawbridges in operation.
- As the weather gets cooler, warm up by visiting a traditional Russian bath.
- Learn to make Russian specialties such as borscht soup and beef stroganoff at a cooking class with a professional chef.
7 Tours and Activities
- Top Day Trips from St. Petersburg
- Don't-Miss Dishes in St. Petersburg
- Where to Find the Best Views in St. Petersburg
- Art Lover's Guide to St. Petersburg
- Romantic Things to Do in St. Petersburg
- Ways to Beat the Crowds in St. Petersburg
- Must-See Museums in St. Petersburg
- Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Fall