Plitvice Lakes National Park is of Croatia’s most popular natural attractions. Little wonder why it has visitors swooning: this UNESCO World Heritage Site is packed with enchanting forests, cascading waterfalls, and gem-toned lakes. Here are your options for exploring the park from Split.
Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront)
Riva Promenade, Split, Croatia
Travelers seeking the beauty of Croatia’s coastline are often drawn to Split, a charming town on the Dalmatian Coast. Along with historic sites such as Diocletian’s Palace and the Saint Domnius Cathedral, the Riva Promenade is one of Split’s top attractions. Several walking tours and bike tours include a visit to the promenade as part of an itinerary focused on Split’s history, architecture, and vibrant street culture.
Things to know before you go
- The Riva Promenade is a must-see attraction for travelers seeking a scenic place to go people-watching.
- Be courteous to fellow visitors and walk your bike along the promenade.
- Cafes and restaurants along this promenade are family-friendly.
How to get there
Located along the seafront in the heart of Split, the Riva Promenade is a short walk from popular attractions including Diocletian’s Palace and the Natural History Museum. This walkway also leads to the ferry terminal that connects Split to several nearby islands along the coast.
When to get there
The Riva Promenade comes to life in the cooler evening hours, when locals arrive for a walk, dinner, and drinks. It tends to be quiet during the day, so for the complete cultural experience plan your visit to coincide with the hours around sunset. The summer months are the most popular time of year to visit Split, though temperatures can be high. Shoulder season months in the spring and fall are pleasant alternatives.
In addition to acting as Split’s outdoor living room on a daily basis, the Riva Promenade also hosts a range of events. Expect to see everything from political rallies to religious processions to sports celebrations to cultural festivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront)?
Attractions near Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront):
What else should I know about attractions in Split?
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Hvar
- Things to do in Šibenik
- Things to do in Makarska
- Things to do in Zadar
- Things to do in Visoko
- Things to do in Sarajevo
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
- Split Ethnographic Museum (Etnografski Muzej Split)
- Peristyle Square (Peristil)
- Temple of Jupiter
- Fruit's Square (Trg Brace Radic)
- Diocletian's Palace
- Cathedral of St. Dominus (Katedrala Svetog Duje)
- Gates of Diocletian's Palace
- Gregory of Nin (Grgur Ninski)
- Port of Split (Luka Split)
- Republic Square (Prokurative)
- Split Old Town
- Bacvice Beach
- Split Archaeological Museum (Arheoloski Muzej Split)
- Poljud Stadium (Stadion Poljud)