Top Siena Day Trips
76 results | All Siena Tours
* A traveler said: "A really exciting excursion with two wine tastings. Including snack & wonderful insights into the landscape & villages of Tuscany! Really to be recommended! We met exciting people from all over the world at the tastings. Duration (11 hours) was perfect. We were even picked up at the hotel. :)"
* A traveler said: "we enjoyed our trip, Francesco guided us very well throught the beautiful landscape of Toscany and the wine was delicious."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous guide Amber, and small group made this a wonderful tour. Amber was amazing!!!! Highly recommend Tuscan Escapes for all tours in Tuscany."
* A traveler said: "We had a GREAT time, learned a lot, ate plenty, and drank PLENTY! Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and shared that with us. Toured 2 wineries with tastings. Fun afternoon. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Incredible day trip! We couldn’t have had a better guide, the views were phenomenal and the lunch was even better than expected."
* A traveler said: "Eleanor was excellent - warm, friendly and most welcoming. The tour was brilliant - a great mix of history and local culture. Everything was well explained- we learned loads about the city and were blown away by the stories of the Palio and then the inside of the Duomo . A great overall tour - cdo it tomorrow!"
* A traveler said: "It was a wonderful experience riding down the country side. Our guide was very knowledgeable which made the whole tour even better."
* A traveler said: "It was an amazing day in the Siena countryside. The scenery was fantastic and the three wineries we visited were very good. I had looked forward to this excursion for a long time and it was worth the wait."
* A traveler said: "Worth experiencing. They covered three main touristic spots near to siena. Wine tasting experience was nice."
* A traveler said: "The guide Silvia has broad knowledge of different subjects like architecture, history, local food, people of the city ... and uses it to customize the tour individually to the audience. We have learned a lot about Siena and had a lot of fun. It was a great experience."
* A traveler said: "Italian guide sharing a lot of her knowledge with obvious pleasure. Detailed information on the town, its history and customs. Definitely worth the price!"
* A traveler said: "The cathedral was magnificent . The process for skip the line tickets was fine , but would be better if we did not have to redeem voucher . I take many of the Viator tours and most of them voucher is ticket."
* A traveler said: "Alex was a pro. The best guide ever. He explained everything. It wouldn’t be the same without him. The winery owner Andrea showed us nothing but hospitality and kindness. Good food and excellent wine. Worth every euro. Thanks guys."
* A traveler said: "This area of Tuscany is really beautiful, we've had wonderful wine tasting time with Mario the first vineyard in Montalcino and his cat."
* A traveler said: "Amazing! We loved all the wineries and the stop in Pienza!! We were the only two on the tour and it was very engaging!"
* A traveler said: "We loved this tour especially since we were the only two on it. Our guide Elena was wonderful and very knowledgeable. The owners of the winery were great and we loved the wine and food. San Gimignano was beautiful along with the castle. Dinner was out of this world!"
* A traveler said: "We loved this tour! Great wine and great history. City of Montepulcciano was the highlight! We recommend this anyone who likes wine tours and seeing areas outside normal tourist areas!"
* A traveler said: "Dominco was an awesome tour guide. We experienced travel issues getting to the tour on time and he was very accommodating. He made sure that everyone was comfortable on the bikes before leaving for the tour. He set a good pace and stopped to check on the riders along the way. Safety was first. The scenic landscape you ride through was amazing. The one site-seeing stop along the bike ride was at the Certosa di Pontignano Monastery. This was a great stop. We also stopped along the way for scenic views. After the bike ride, we went to Museo and Vina Enoteca Eventi Cucina for lunch and wine tasting. The food was great and Andre, our host, was amazing. The food was sourced locally. After eating lunch, we also stopped at another vineyard for another wine tasting."
* A traveler said: "What a wonderful way to experience a boutique winery! The dinner courses were delicious as was the wine (and olive oil and balsamic offerings) We ordered a variety of wines as the price was great and so were the shipping costs, and it arrived home shortly after we did. Our driver/host was so fun and gracious and we loved visiting the walled castle town of Monteriggioni prior to our arrival to the winery. Our tour from Siena joined up with their other tour from Florence so it was a lively evening with fun people."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous tour with Daniel, his knowledge and humor were unbelievable. He made our tour so special. Highly recommend Tuscan Escapes for your tours."
* A traveler said: "We had a lovely tourguide named Lucca. We wouldn't have minded a somewhat higher pace than 30km/h. The winetasting and lunch were great!"
* A traveler said: "We went with my girlfriend to visit the 3 wineries with Niccolò, he was on time to pick us up at our hotel and drived perfectly. On the way he told us numerous stories about Tuscany. The 3 wineries were different from each other, from the small family winery to the third which is more like a deluxe one, where we had a fantastic lunch. We highly recommend the experience!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour with Stephano and Dimitri. Thet were really great fun and with their excitement and fun you would never guess they did the tour every day. Lorenzo at the vineyard was so passionate and lovely and the "light lunch" was a fantastic three courses. Delicious!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Overnight Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Siena Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana)
- Baptistery of San Giovanni (Battistero di San Giovanni)
- Siena Historic Center (Siena Centro Storico)
- Fonte Gaia (Gaia Fountain)
- Santa Maria della Scala
- Palio of Siena (Palio di Siena)
- Montalcino Fortress (Fortezza di Montalcino)
- Mangia Tower (Torre del Mangia)
- Piccolomini Library (Libreria Piccolomini)
- National Art Gallery of Siena (Pinacoteca Nazionale Siena)
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna