At just 658 meters high, it might be surprising to learn that Pic St-Loup is one of the most beloved emblems of the city of Montpellier. After all, the Alps are not that far away. But thanks to low vegetation, impressive 300-meter-high cliffs, and a surrounding relief of just 150 meters, Pic St-Loup is very prominent and can be seen from just about everywhere in the Hérault department. It is, by definition, part of the lower end of Massif Central.
Because of its micro-climate and unique flora, the mountain is a protected site and houses a thriving population of prey birds. The mountain is a very popular day trip from Montpellier for both curious tourists and serious hikers; there is an old chapel, castle ruins, a hermitage, and a symbolic cross atop the mountain. Not to mention the unobstructed panoramas, which stretch all the way from the Mediterranean Sea to the south to the Cevennes Mountains to the north. The wine produced on the low slopes of Pic St-Loup is some of the most highly-regarded terroirs in the Languedoc-Roussillon region.
Tours and tickets to Experience Pic St-Loup
Should I book Pic St-Loup tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pic St-Loup 2021?
What's the best way to experience Pic St-Loup?
- Hike to the top of "Pic Saint Loup" and a wine tasting
- Small-Group Half-Day Languedoc Pic Saint-Loup Wine Tour from Montpellier
- Pic Saint Loup Winetour & food
- Montpellier countryside dinner with local food & wine
Things to do near Montpellier
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in French Riviera