Often overshadowed by Da Vinci’s groundbreaking mural, the convent’s church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and important attraction in its own right. Explore both the interior and exterior of the building—from its Gothic nave to its elegant cloister—on a private guided tour with skip-the-line access to the church, refectory, and Da Vinci’s mural. Alternatively, many walking tours also include a visit to the church alongside other nearby highlights, including the Duomo Cathedral and Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio.
Recent reviews from experiences in Milan
Things to Know Before You Go
Entry to see The Last Supper is only allowed every 15 minutes for groups of 30 people at a time, and reservations are mandatory. Book your entrance ticket or tour with skip-the-line entry in advance.
The Last Supper tickets include entrance to the entire Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie: church, cloister, and refectory.
Santa Maria delle Grazie is a place of worship, so attire that covers your shoulders and knees is recommended.
The church and refectory are accessible to wheelchairs.
How to Get There
Milano's Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie is located between the Cadorna Triennale and Conciliazione metro stations, or you can walk from the Duomo in just 15 minutes.
When to Get There
Santa Maria delle Grazie is busiest in summer, so private tours or skip-the-line tickets must be booked well in advance. The refectory is closed on Mondays and holidays. Entrance is free on the first Sunday of the month but reservations are still required.
The Last Supper Painting
Commissioned by Ludovico Il Moro in the latter half of the 15th century, this mural depicts Christ surrounded by the apostles in a composition featuring perspective and human emotion so revolutionary at the time that it changed the course of Renaissance art.
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- Columns of San Lorenzo (Colonne di San Lorenzo)
- San Sepolcro Church (Chiesa di San Sepolcro)
- Codex Atlanticus
- Ambrosiana Museum and Library (Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana)
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers