Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
Kids and adults alike enjoy the thrilling elevator ride that takes less than a minute to travel from ground level to the observation deck high above Sempione Park and the sweeping vista over the surrounding city rooftops. Located just behind Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco), next to the fashionable Brera neighborhood, Torre Branca is a fun stop on tours of either the castle or the nearby neighborhood. Be sure to book tickets in advance for this popular attraction, as the elevator can only fit five passengers at a time, so lines to go up can be long.
Things to Know Before You Go
If visiting Milan with kids, Torre Branca is a fun break from the city’s art and architecture.
The observation deck offers singular views over the city, so be sure to bring your camera.
Visitors can stay on the observation deck for around five minutes.
Guided English-language tours of the tower and observation deck are offered sporadically; check the tower website for schedules.
The elevator and observation deck are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
This is not a recommended stop for those who suffer from a fear of heights.
How to Get There
Torre Branca is located in Sempione Park, in Milan’s city center. Walk from Milan Cathedral (Duomo di Milano) and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, or take the metro to the Cadorna or Cairoli Castello stop, just outside the park.
When to Get There
The tower is open to the public on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday; visit on a clear day to take advantage of the spectacular views from the top.
Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
One of Italy’s loveliest urban parks sits in the center of Milan: Sempione Park (Parco Sempione), covering 116 acres (47 hectares) of grounds crisscrossed with gravel paths, a lake, the triumphal Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace), the small Arena Civica, and the Torre Branca. The park is also home to Milan’s aquarium and the Triennale contemporary art and design museum in the Palazzo dell’Arte.
- La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Brera Art Gallery (Pinacoteca di Brera)
- Milan Monumental Cemetery (Cimitero Monumentale di Milano)
- La Scala Opera House (Teatro alla Scala)
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers