Cafe de Chinitas
Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, and attend a live flamenco show at Cafe de Chinitas. Be sure to buy your tickets in advance, especially if you’ll be there on a weekend.
To make a day of exploring Central Madrid, tour the Royal Palace of Madrid and Sabatini Gardens, head over to Cafe de Chinitas for a show, then go out to a late dinner, Madrileño-style, at a tapas restaurant on Calle Cava Baja. Or, opt for a package that includes a flamenco lesson or dinner and drinks at the café.
Things to Know Before You Go
Flamenco—included on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list—is a must-see for dance enthusiasts and travelers interested in Spanish arts.
For dinner, Cafe de Chinitas serves traditional Spanish tapas, along with wine and sangria.
How to Get There
To easiest way to reach Cafe de Chinitas is by metro. Take line 2 to Santo Domingo station, or line 3 or 10 to Plaza de España. You’ll find the café at Calle de Torija, 7—just a few blocks from either metro stop and the Sabatini Gardens.
When to Get There
Cafe de Chinitas typically offers shows twice daily, Monday through Saturday at 8:30pm and 10:30pm. Book your tickets in advance for a popular weekend show, or attend a performance earlier in the week.
Taking a Flamenco Lesson
Whether the performance inspired you or you’re just looking to try something new, don’t miss the chance for a 1-hour flamenco lesson at Cafe de Chinitas. You’ll walk away knowing how to do the key dance movements. Bonus: lessons typically include admission to a show.
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Royal Monastery of the Incarnation (Real Monasterio de la Encarnación)
- Royal Palace of El Pardo (Palacio Real de El Pardo)
- Gran Vía
- Las Tablas Flamenco
- Plaza de Espana
- Sabatini Gardens (Jardines de Sabatini)
- Madrid Plaza de la Villa
- Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real de Madrid)
- Cerralbo Museum (Museo Cerralbo)
- Church of San Ginés (Iglesia de San Ginés)
- Plaza de Oriente
- House Museum of Mouse Perez (Casa Museo de Ratón Pérez)
- San Miguel Market (Mercado de San Miguel)
- Almudena Cathedral (Catedral de la Almudena)
- Plaza Mayor