Top Lucerne Historical Tours
59 results | All Lucerne Tours
* A traveler said: "This is a great way to see the city and learn about the history and so much more. Luis was the best guide we’ve ever had-knowledgeable, personable and with a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "This is a must-do tour. Every aspect of the tour was exceptional from pick up, to the sights, to return. The mountain top was breathtaking."
* A traveler said: "All went well right from the pic up...except the wind (which is not in anybody control). Since, this is December, expect high winds and no access to Chair lift and Cliff walk. Our guide Mr. Pedro was really good and helpful."
* A traveler said: "Outstanding view. The crew were very polite. Very flexible with the timing. Lines were handled with diligence"
* A traveler said: "Great walking tour. Really got a terrific look at the area. Our guide Glenn was very knowledgeable and a great personality."
* A traveler said: "A wonderful time had by all, a nice combination of tour guide assistance and information as well as time alone to wander. On time and very stress free. Robert was our guide and we enjoyed and trusted his wisdom."
* A traveler said: "Got to spend time in these two beautiful cities. Was great. Had a fondue lunch and glass of wine at outdoor cafe in interlachen. Highlight of our visit to this beautiful region"
* A traveler said: "Our tour was upgraded on the bus. We upgraded from the Interlaken and Grindelwald Day Trip to the Juanfranc Top of the World trip after discussions with our tour guide. The most amazing trip we've ever undertaken. The pick up and drop off times were exact. Our tour guide was informative and entertaining."
* A traveler said: "We took the tour as we were travelling with seniors and a baby. Seemed like easier option to travel and did not regret it at all. The tour guide was very friendly and informative. Comfortable clean bus. It was storming so we basically didnt see anything up there. I’d suggest not to go to jungfrau during winter"
* A traveler said: "Loved the trip. Cog railway was great. Went through the clouds and into the sun and snow capped mountains. Just wish we had scheduled more time at the top."
* A traveler said: "This tour was everything we expected! We have done walking tours in other cities gained so much understanding and this is the same. Our guide was enthusiastic and had great energy!! Best way to learn about culture and history of this beautiful place."
* A traveler said: "Manuela is a great host. It was a well organized introduction to Lucerne, very helpful to get orientation in the city. This is probably the best approach to experience a new place for the first time. It's more friendly and human than a tour with a larger group. Reliable"
* A traveler said: "This is definitely the very best way to see and enjoy Lucerne. We booked through Viator because of the numerous excellent reviews. We had absolutely no regrets. Only wish we had another day with Loop Tours About a week prior to the tour, Roberto began communication via email and then What'sApp. He was detailed, responsive and so positive. From the moment he met us at the hotel(we were here only participants that day) we knew we were ready for a fun and informative morning. We had planned to meet near the train station, which is extremely easy to find. We were regaled by his knowledge and enthusiasm. Be ready for many onlooker stares...this is a novel venue for a tour. In fact, this is the only "cargo" ebike in town. We definitely saw places tourists never see. From the drive down to the homes of the wealthy to a wonderful chat with a 77 year old gentleman who swims in Lake Lucerne daily, each encounter was unique. And Roberto, what can I say. He is there to make your day complete. Accomdating, knowing lots about the local vendors(the best chocolate shoppe), and an able historian, Roberto is the consummate tour guide. Best of luck on your endeavors and expeditions"
* A traveler said: "Great experience from a local! No issues and we enjoyed the one hour excursion. Received insider information on local restaurants and shopping."
* A traveler said: "This was a last minute tour decision but it was an excellent tour and history of the original city of Lucerne. Ralf was an excellent guide and showed us many of the original building which are still in use today and provided insight into the lives of the early owners. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about Lucerne's history and the lives of the early inhabitants."
* A traveler said: "Our trip with Oscar was terrific! He had all the insider tips for getting on the railway as quickly as possible, so we had the most amount of time to explore the mountaintop. When I asked him a question about something he didn't know offhand, he got an answer for me immediately. Everything was smooth and easy."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide, Ralph was fantastic! He showed us parts of Lucerne we wouldn't have found on our own. He shared the history of this area with us, interesting facts, and descriptions. Showed us the old town area, explained the changes throughout history, and events that occurred. He was punctual in picking us up. I highly recommend him."
* A traveler said: "This was a great tour! Rolf was awesome- it is evident he truly loves his country and Lucerne. He provided humorous details as well as recommendations for other things to see,,, the night walk added a perfect amount of mystery to the tour...another must do especially for history buffs!!!"
* A traveler said: "Pascal was AMAZING!! First, he texted me about 3 hours before our tour to confirm our meeting point and time. He totally personalized our trip by asking what we’d seen and what we wanted to see plus he offered suggestions. He even took us to a store to buy Swiss chocolate that you can NOT buy in the US! I have mobility issues and can walk with crutches short distances. With his unique vehicle he was able to drive us up close to areas and give us a personal glimpse of the Lion, the bridges, tiny, colorful alleyways, etc. He even picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel! He was so very kind, personable and knowledgeable! We’ve never, ever enjoyed a tour guide more, EVER, and we felt like we truly saw the highlights of Lucerne. Pascal’s love of his hometown really showed through! We even met his lovely wife as she rode past on her bicycle! This is a MUST tour when in Lucerne!!"
* A traveler said: "Very informative Good route Great views Great pics Very friendly and knowledgable guide and it is well worth it"
* A traveler said: "The whole trip was absolutely fabulous, one of the best excursions I’ve ever had. Our guide was amazing, Euli was friendly, kind, fun and extremely knowledgeable. The excursion was a bit pricey but worth every cent. My only negative comment would be, why don’t you share the phone number of the guest with the guide, it sure would make it easier to meet up!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lucerne (Luzern)
- Engelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg)
- Richard Wagner Museum
- Culture and Congress Centre (KKL)
- Rosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart)
- Mt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable Car
- Pilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen)
- Lion Monument (Löwendenkmal)
- Swiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz)
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Lake Geneva