Panza Collection at Villa Panza (Villa e Collezione Panza)
The Villa Menafoglio Litta Panza in Varese takes its three names from the three families that owned it. Today, the 18th-century villa and gardens are better known as a contemporary art museum, the Collezione Panza.
Giuseppe Panza’s personal art collection has become the museum’s collection. He amassed one of the finest contemporary art collections in the world, much of which remained at his home, the Villa e Collezione Panza. Some of the rooms of the villa were given over to artists Panza admired, and a few are still as they were during Panza’s lifetime.
Visitors can see works by artists such as Dan Flavin, Phil Sims, Ruth Ann Fredenthal, David Simpson, Max Cole, and more. Some of the rooms also have antique furniture and African artwork.
The gardens are open to the public as well, and are designed in an English style with a small lake. The villa has a nice on-site restaurant.
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Sacro Monte of Varese (Sacro Monte di Varese)
- Torba Monastery (Monastero di Torba)
- Villa Della Porta Bozzolo
- Como-Brunate Funicular Railway (Funicolare Como–Brunate)
- Villa del Balbianello
- Lake Orta (Lago di Orta)
- Villa Melzi Gardens (Giardini di Villa Melzi)
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza
- San Siro Stadium (Stadio San Siro)
- Casa Milan
- Milan Monumental Cemetery (Cimitero Monumentale di Milano)
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- 10 Corso Como