Onyar River (Riu Onyar) Tours and Tickets
The Onyar River (Riu Onyar in Catalan or Río Oñar in Spanish) will likely be your first and most lasting impression of Girona, its rainbow-colored-building-lined waters a warm welcome and unforgettable sight. Their dazzling appearance invites you to journey to the other side of the bank — the eastern side — where you’ll discover more of the city’s treasures, held within its old town.
But before you get there, you’ll likely cross one of the Onyar’s many bridges. Your eye will undoubtedly be drawn to its most peculiar and perhaps even familiar bridge, the Pont Eiffel. Indeed, this red, cage-like crossing is reminiscent of a more famous structure of the same name, the Eiffel Tower. This is, of course, because they share the same designer (the bridge was constructed in 1877, just before the tower). Once you arrive on the eastern bank, feed your river curiosity by visiting Casa Maso, the only waterside building open to the public, and once home to its namesake architect.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Onyar River (Riu Onyar)
- Girona Jewish Quarter (El Call de Girona)
- Girona Cathedral (Catedral de Girona)
- Girona Arab Baths (Banys Arabs de Girona)
- Passeig de la Muralla
- Water World Lloret
- La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park (Parque Natural de la Zona Volcánica de la Garrotxa)
- Salvador Dali House—Portlligat (Casa Salvador Dalí—Port Lligat)