* A traveler said: "We enjoyed our walking tour of Portofino very much. Gabriele was wonderful and shared so much interesting information on our tour. On our tour day, the winds were too high for us to take the ferry boat... but Gabriele ensured that we had a taxi available to get us to and from Portofino. We also enjoy our Pesto-making class and lunch. All in all... a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend this."
* A traveler said: "It was an excellent cooking event. Cristina, our host, has warmly welcomed us at her house and shared with us her pasta and pesto insight. We, adults and kids loved the cooking and enjoyed the food and friendliness of Cristina. Thanks a lot."
* A traveler said: "Karl is an excellent, fun and attentive guide to this fascinating city. Highly recommended to anyone visiting Genoa"
* A traveler said: "Really Nice guide who knows a lot about the food and the city :) don’t eat too much before the tour. It is a lot of food!"
* A traveler said: "The bus was in a good location for us, the staff was very friendly and helpful there were plenty of stops and good timing."
* A traveler said: "This tour was a great introduction to the city of Genoa, along with getting a taste of Saint Marguerite and Portofino. Guides were great."
* A traveler said: "When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it would be a private tour! It was my first time on a Segway and I found it very easy and fun to use. My guide was personable, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and clearly proud of his city. He made the tour really exceptional. I highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great day on Brian's boat. Brian was a friendly, knowledgable, local guide. His boat was classy and nice. We got to see a beautiful coast and swim in the Med. It was quite a good day. I would def do again."
* A traveler said: "Karl is an exceptional host and guide. Food, history and story-telling are best parts of this tour! Highly recommend! You’ll get a great sense of old Genova."
* A traveler said: "Very interesting tour through parts of Genoa you probably won’t see as a regular tourist. Alessandro is a very engaged and knowledgeable guide."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was local genoan valerie gave us a real taste of the city and was very engaging focusing on our own interests of food and history of the town. She even recommended some specialist restaurants which we duly enjoyed!! Overall Genoa is a much underrated northern italian town with its own local character."
* A traveler said: "We had an incredible time at the cooking class. We cooked 4 dishes with the restaurant owner, who is also the Pasta Master Chef. We also had a guide from 'Do eat better experience', who told us more about Ligurian culture and food during the class. It was really fun to make Foccacia, learn some tips from the Chef and eat all these tasty dishes. The class was organized in the building that was originally built in the 11th century, which made the whole experience more authentic. After the class our guide walked us through the city to get some ice cream in Gelateria. We are very pleased with the level of service and how good the event was organized. We highly recommend to take this class for everyone who wants to have a fun time in Genua."
* A traveler said: "We booked this private tour for 5 people and we had the BEST time Ever. The Genoa city highlights were just enough and the cooking part was beyond our expectations. Everyone in the family LOVED it We spend 18 days in Europe and this tour was our Favorite. WE WOULD DO IT AGAIN. THE Host and hostess for our lesson were Gracious and Wonderful and went beyond . Our tour guide Laura was marvelous and very well informed."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Galata Maritime Museum (Galata Museo del Mare)
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
- Palazzi dei Rolli
- Spianata Castelletto
- Piazza de Ferrari
- Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale Edoardo Chiossone)
- Genoa Cathedral (Cattedrale di San Lorenzo)
- Port of Savona
- Palazzo Rosso
- Genoa Cruise Port
- Monumental Cemetery of Staglieno
- Via San Lorenzo
- Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato
- Lighthouse of Genoa (La Lanterna)
- Dialogue in the Dark Exhibition (Dialogo nel Buio)
- Piazza Caricamento
- La Biosfera
- Royal Palace Museum (Museo di Palazzo Reale)
- Aquarium of Genoa
- Basilica of Santa Maria di Castello (Basilica di Santa Maria di Castello)
- Palazzo Bianco
- Corso Italia
- Genoa Via Garibaldi (Via Giuseppe Garibaldi)
- Santa Margherita Ligure
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in French Riviera