Top Florence Private Sightseeing Tours
494 results | All Florence Tours
* A traveler said: "Great way to see Florence! The private tour provides a more personal experience and Simona was a great guide!"
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable guide with excellent English. You could tell how much pride she has for Florence. We learned a lot and enjoyed visiting the Academy. She also helped us buy tickets for the Uffizi the next day so we could skip the line."
* A traveler said: "well worth the price. And booking this enabled us to avoid the long lines. Good guide. For me, Academia was more interesting than the Uffizi, but both were great."
* A traveler said: "We highly recommend this tour! Luca was a gracious, informative, and a very accommodating guide. He really did all he could to make the day special. He was full of great information about the area and history of the region. We were able to see things we wouldn't have normally noticed on our own both during the drive there and when in town. It was nice combination of time with him and time on our own exploring. We also had an amazing lunch overlooking the Ligurian Sea, thanks to his recommendation. Many thanks to Luca for an unforgettable first visit to Cinque Terre!"
* A traveler said: "Outstanding experience. Mossimo was an excellent guide and driver. Don’t miss this tour. Breathtaking."
* A traveler said: "Having only a single day to spend in the city, our private tour filled the bill quite nicely. The major advantages, of course, are that you get to spend the allotted time with your guide as you want to. In our case, our guide, Gabriel, was the best part of the experience. He was professional, accommodating, funny, knowledgeable and genuinely enthusiastic about the subject matter. His English was also perfect, which sometimes can be an issue. He met us on time at the designated location and we used the " skip the line" line to get into the Accademia. Funny but there is actually a line ( about 15 minutes long ) of people with advanced reservations to " skip the line". The Accademia was quite interesting and David did not disappoint, especially when our personal guide was able to explain the fascinating background of Michelangelo. We then spent an hour walking past many of the highlights of the city with Gabriel explaining the related history. We had a rather long break for lunch and shopping ( more on that later ) and then rejoined Gabriel at the Uffizi. Again, having a private guide allowed us to customize our tour of this rather large facility, concentrating on what we wanted to see. My wife was so impressed by the information she learned that she downloaded a book on Michelangelo and Da Vinci to read during the rest of our trip! The only slight negative about the tour was the long break in between our time with our guide. We did have over 4 1/2 hours total as described but there was a 3 hour break in the middle of the two gallery tours. I believe this is due to the reservation times they are given for the Uffizi. We began the day at 10:30 AM and finished at 6:00 PM. We did enjoy a nice leisurely lunch and some shopping but it did turn out to be a longer day than we had planned. At the end of the day Gabriel called our hotel to arrange a shuttle back and then walked us to where we needed to be picked up. A nice extra which we appreciated. All in all, the day was perfect. You can save money by taking a group tour and receive a somewhat "canned" presentation or doing it on your own without the benefit of knowledge from a professional guide, but I would highly recommend that for a city as fascinating as Florence, and especially if you are short on time, it is well worth it to do it right by taking a private tour. Ours was great!!"
* A traveler said: "Giacomo was friendly and engaging right from the start!|He was extremely knowledgeable of the history of Florence.|He also showed us around the city market which was one of the best food experiences we had while in Florence.|I would highly recommend Giacomo as your private guide!|Therese"
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Placidi, was awesome! Very knowledgeable about everything from Tuscany, region, history, art etc. Terrific trip!"
* A traveler said: "Marcello was fantastic. Probably the best guide we have ever had. Great insights and behind the scenes info. Very personable, felt like we were touring with a relative."
* A traveler said: "Chiara was our tour guide and she was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable and informative — she gave us more information than our brains could hold! Our tour was an all day tour that included a trip to Siena, San Gimignano - which included a stop at a beautiful winery called Tenuta Torciano for lunch and wine-tasting, and finally, Pisa. Chiara knew the answer to every question we asked her throughout the day, and she went above and beyond her duties as a tour guide to make sure we had the best experience possible. Thank you Chiara and Viatour for helping make our trip to Italy a dream vacation! Moretti Family California, USA"
* A traveler said: "We had excellent time with Marco! He was very knowledgable and knew where to take us. We would highly recommend him and using Viator was very easy. thanks! Corey - Dallas"
* A traveler said: "Luca was an outstanding tour guide! He brought sunshine to what was a rainy Florence day..sharing insights to this wonderful city, and making us feel special."
* A traveler said: "This was a truly wonderful tour! Annette, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and attentive. Everyone in my family very much enjoyed!!"
* A traveler said: "The guide spoke great English and was very perraonable. She gave us a quick and easy tour of Florence. Fun Dan Brown quizes, but the tour was focused on florence history. Highly highly recommended and very engaging."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic experience. My family and I had a great drive to the winery. Lunch was delicious and paired with great wines from the region. Our tour of several scenic spotsRicardo was our Guide was something we won't forget."
* A traveler said: "This was a most amazing experience, our favorite day in Italy! Incredible wine, beautiful countryside, remarkable people we met along the way. Luca was a fabulous guide and we can’t wait to come back."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful visit with a great host. Our guide was great and easy to talk to. The wineries were so friendly and inviting. The tour provides a lot of education on the region and wine making. I'd definitely recommend the tour."
* A traveler said: "Our guide for the Uffizi was charming and told many wonderful stories. She brought the paintings to life."
* A traveler said: "Christy did an amazing job on this food tour!! All of the places we went had amazing food to taste and made it a unique experience. She even suggested where to eat for dinner and helped me make a reservation. Great tour and time spent with Christy!!"
* A traveler said: "Guide was wonderful Very knowledgeable Seen all the highlights and insights Would highly recommend this particular guide"
* A traveler said: "We had a great time!!; the service was excellent and the personal was very skilled and professional."
* A traveler said: "This trip is well thought out, giving you time for personal experiences and planned activity. The bus was a 20 passenger vehicle, allowing for a smaller group with an attentive tour guide - Luca was great!"
* A traveler said: "My daughter and I loved our visit to two small wineries and one large one. We had lunch with an Italian family in a farm house, which was lovely! We highly recommend this tour!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Adventure Tours
- City Tours
- Hop on Hop Off
- Night Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Skip-the-Line Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Barberino Designer Outlet
- Piazza della Repubblica
- San Marco Museum
- Opera del Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)
- Florence Central Market (Mercato Centrale)
- Florence Via Cavour (Via Camillo Cavour)
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano di Vinci)
- Fountain of Neptune
- Dante House Museum (Museo Casa di Dante)
- San Frediano
- Villa Gamberaia
- Medici Chapels
- Medici Riccardi Palace (Palazzo Medici Riccardi)
- Michelangelo's Statue of David (Il Davide di Michelangelo)
- Pitti Palace (Palazzo Pitti)
- Florence Baptistery (Battistero di San Giovanni)
- Leonardo Da Vinci Museum
- Florence Santa Croce Basilica (Basilica di Santa Croce)
- Palazzo Davanzati
- Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Umbria
Day Trips from Florence
- Florence to Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Florence to Rome
- Florence to Venice
- Florence to Bologna
- Florence to Turin
- Florence to Val d'Orcia
- Florence to Vernazza
- Florence to Umbria
- Florence to Livorno
- Florence to Lucca
- Florence to Arezzo
- Florence to Orvieto
- Florence to The Mall Luxury Outlets
- Florence to Assisi
- Florence to Montepulciano
- Florence to San Gimignano
- Florence to La Spezia
- Florence to Maranello