Top Austrian Alps Historical Tours
138 results | All Austrian Alps Tours
* A traveler said: "The beauty of all Tour guide was entertaining Good direction given as to where everything was located, food was great and not too overly expensive"
* A traveler said: "This was a great trip that took us all around Salzburg and to the lake region. We got to see where key shots were taken during the movie. Our guide was great and provided a lot of insight into the making of the movie!"
* A traveler said: "The entire trip exceeded our expectations. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. The views were breathtaking!! I can’t recommend this trip enough!!"
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable guide, small group during COVID was an advantage and gave us more time to explore the sites. This is the best time to travel and tour!"
* A traveler said: "This trip was worth the money. We did the full day trip and we enjoyed our Guide Walter, he was knowledgeable and funny. We enjoyed skipping the lines at the Eagles nest (be sure to have cash they don't accept credit cards). Lunch felt rushed the recommended restaurant took too long to serve us, we barely finished our food. The kids (8,10,18) really enjoyed the salt mines. One of the workers at the gift shop refused to let us in because we weren't wearing FFP2 masks while she was not wearing one either -when I mentioned it she got very rude and said she could cause she worked there! Don't understand her logic but I'm probably better off without their overpriced tourist crap anyway. Ended the tour at kings lake-just beautiful! I'd definitely recommend this tour!!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Ben was very informative, funny & knowledgeable - a very great way to start off our first visit to Salzburg."
* A traveler said: "As others have said, these are 2 different trips. The morning was spent exploring the salt mines on a train, a slide and a raft - great fun! The afternoon trip to lake Wolfgang was beautiful. Quaint little villages and stunning scenery."
* A traveler said: "I enjoyed the experience very much. The guide was very knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. Gave us more than enough time to see Kings Lake and time in Berchtesgaden."
* A traveler said: "The tour was lovely with a small group and an energetic tour guide. She was knowledgable and had great stories and insights beyond the typical info Highly recommend this over the huge bus tours."
* A traveler said: "A unique gem of a tour. The village was so pretty and the church was like being in a fairy tale but be warned that there is a lot of standing in this tour. The church is too small to fit everyone and no chairs are provided outside. However it is so worth it!!"
* A traveler said: "You cannot go to Austria and not go to Hallstatt. Taking a private tour was awesome. Beautiful place."
* A traveler said: "Lovely tour. Not too long and lots of opportunities for Photos. The 24 Hour Salzburg card is great value and if you have the time get it for any day you do not have another tour booked."
* A traveler said: "The whole tour was fantastic. We had a private tour to the eagles nest and we had a great experience. The vehicle was clean and in good condition, sites were serene and the guide was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "While expensive this private tour provided so much more than the "bus tour" this company also provides. If you can afford this I highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "So much more than learning about the Christmas Market. Wonderful opportunity to hear about local culture and history. Our guide was amazing. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "The grounds of the hotel were out of a dream! You find yourself in a state of trying to permanently imprint the beauty in your mind. The service was good but not great with one person manning the small cafe/bar and the front desk during evening hours. Rooms were clean and comfortable."
* A traveler said: "We had Leopald the magnificent. His love, energy and historical information were delightful and helped us cater the remainder of our visit. He really personified the welcoming feeling Salzburg is known for. A complete yes!!"
* A traveler said: "The hike was great! Claudio knew a lot of history and I enjoyed the learning experience. The view was wonderful."
* A traveler said: "This was a wonderful tour. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable and showed us beautiful places that we could not have seen on our own. The tour was a highlight of our visit to Austria."
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend. Our guide Patrick rates 5 stars....a pleasant, humorous and knowledgeable asset for this tour. Thank you Patrick....you made our day."
* A traveler said: "My driver (Patrick) was great. Very knowledgeable, got around traffic, got to everywhere. Eagles nest was closed which was a bummer but not their fault. He suggested another mountain top which we went to which I have no idea what it was called but began with an R. That was a great spot to go and look out. He also gave me great insider tips. Would do again."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Golden Roof (Goldenes Dachl)
- Hohensalzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg)
- Michael Haydn Museum
- Hafelekar Mountain (Hafelekarspitze)
- St. Peter's Abbey (Stift Sankt Peter)
- Stiegl Brauwelt
- Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)
- Graz Schlossberg
- Georg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)
- Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)
- Salzburg Zoo
- Mozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)
- Area 47
- Salzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)
- Graz Old Town (Grazer Altstadt)
- Graz Clock Tower (Grazer Uhrturm)
- Hallein Salt Mine (Salzwelten Hallein)
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Central Croatia