Top Austrian Alps Half-day Tours
66 results | All Austrian Alps Tours
* A traveler said: "This was a great trip that took us all around Salzburg and to the lake region. We got to see where key shots were taken during the movie. Our guide was great and provided a lot of insight into the making of the movie!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was a ton of fun. My wife and I had a lot of fun in the mines. We stopped in Berchtesgaden for a coffee/snack break after the mines. It is a very nice little old town. Our tour guide Michelle was great and we enjoyed ourselves the whole time."
* A traveler said: "The beauty of all Tour guide was entertaining Good direction given as to where everything was located, food was great and not too overly expensive"
* A traveler said: "The entire trip exceeded our expectations. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. The views were breathtaking!! I can’t recommend this trip enough!!"
* A traveler said: "Nice trip to Wolfgangsee with an interesting guide, a cruise from Sankt Gilgen and one hour free in Sankt Wolfgang"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful guide(Sonia). Please watch movie few days before tour to enjoy more. Relaxing and entertaining."
* A traveler said: "Loved boat ride, dinner, and concert! Go with the VIP! Beautiful sunset and the restaurant could not have been nicer for my husband’s birthday!"
* A traveler said: "I enjoyed the experience very much. The guide was very knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. Gave us more than enough time to see Kings Lake and time in Berchtesgaden."
* A traveler said: "The first part of the tour was just ok. he took us all over but he didn't want to answer questions. The second part was amazing. The tour guide was very informative."
* A traveler said: "The whole panorama tour was awesome. Our guide was superbly friendly and nice. We had an excellent ride on the horse sleigh."
* A traveler said: "Well organised and approachable tour leader. Commentary was interesting and the journey seamless. The three markets were all different and all were wonderful. Very pretty and not the least bit tacky. Disappointed that the Advent Candle was unavailable but these things happen a storm and everything else came up trumps."
* A traveler said: "A unique gem of a tour. The village was so pretty and the church was like being in a fairy tale but be warned that there is a lot of standing in this tour. The church is too small to fit everyone and no chairs are provided outside. However it is so worth it!!"
* A traveler said: "You cannot go to Austria and not go to Hallstatt. Taking a private tour was awesome. Beautiful place."
* A traveler said: "The whole tour was fantastic. We had a private tour to the eagles nest and we had a great experience. The vehicle was clean and in good condition, sites were serene and the guide was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "While expensive this private tour provided so much more than the "bus tour" this company also provides. If you can afford this I highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "My friend and I ended up being the only two on this food tour with Michaela - and it was just amazing!! We visited a number of shops and restaurants and got lots of samples along the way. She knew a lot about the history of the city as well as the foods we were trying. HIGHLY recommend doing this tour!"
* A traveler said: "What a wonderful tour! Very experienced, knowledgeable and easygoing guide. The tour kept its promises - and beyond. A highly adventurous and enjoyable experience!"
* A traveler said: "This tour by Bob's Special Tours in a minivan was excellent. I had taken this tour on a large bus several years ago and was very disappointed with the tour guide and organization. But here, my faith was totally restored! Tom, our informed and amusing guide, catered to us all the way. Besides learning a lot of "inside info" about The Sound of Music, he provided tons on interesting info on local history and culture. A fun and satisfying way to spend an afternoon in Salzburg!!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great and an informative tour with our guide Peter who was extremely knowledgeable and knew everything under the sun. The Wolfgangsee lake cruise was very enchanting and we had a good time as a family.Peter was very cordial and guided us very well to enjoy the tour."
* A traveler said: "really lovely day, the tour guide and driver were great i wouldn't worry about adding the lunch - wasn't the easiest place to find and food wasn't particularly great. the tour is a must even if not so familiar with the film the scenery is stunning and great to see some surrounding areas"
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend. Our guide Patrick rates 5 stars....a pleasant, humorous and knowledgeable asset for this tour. Thank you Patrick....you made our day."
* A traveler said: "The half day tour was good enough for my family (with 2 kids). We had great time exploring the lakes and Hallstatt small town. Our driver Michael was really helpful and informative. We were comfortable with his approach and even hire him for our next Prague trip. Thanks Michael for such a wonderful experience!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hallein Salt Mine (Salzwelten Hallein)
- Innsbruck City Tower (Stadtturm)
- Area 47
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre (Marionettentheater)
- Nonnberg Abbey (Stift Nonnberg)
- National Park Hohe Tauern
- Graz City Hall (Grazer Rathaus)
- Court Church (Hofkirche)
- Styrian Armory (Landeszeughaus)
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)
- Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)
- Stiegl Brauwelt
- Graz Schlossberg
- Hungerburg Railway (Hungerburgbahn)
- Cathedral Museum (Dommuseum)
- Large Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)
- Salzburg Old Market (Alter Markt)
- Mozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)
- Kunsthaus Graz Art Museum (Kunsthaus Graz)
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Central Croatia