Things to Do in Antibes
The largest marina in Europe, with over 100 berths, Antibes’ ritzy Port Vauban is one of the most popular spots for yachts on the French Riviera. Originally a natural port run by everyone from the ancient Greeks to the Romans and the Barbarians, it wasn’t until the 15th century that the site was given adequate protection from raiders, when Louis XIV ordered military engineer Seigneur de Vauban to fortify the marina.
Port Vauban is home to the Yacht Club d’Antibes and has its own private heli-pad for all those superyacht owners like Roman Abramovich. Berths at Port Vauban don’t come cheap—each spot costs between 1 and 4 million euros. Each spring, the marina hosts the Antibes Yacht Show, which attracts more than 15,000 visitors every year.
Just behind the archway to Antibes’ Old Town on the western edge of the marina is a lively market that is open every day except Monday.
Things to do near Antibes
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria